Dagree's (David & Greer) 2014 17.56.2OB

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
You do realise that when out in the countryside, you will usually only get 2 stations anyway and now that towns have FM not AM you don't have to travel too far from town before you loose the signal, if anything FM has killed radio out west, no range.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Yep realise the difference in reception now compared to what it used to be. Only wanted radio for news and footy or just a bit of background noise.
No reception areas (And there are plenty over here in Wait Awhile) will be covered by sat TV or radio app streaming from the phone :music:

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I bleated earlier this year about the rotten radio reception we had in the Patrol last year so did the investigation...spoke with auto leckie, Nissan and lots of input from helpful souls here.

As the aerial is set into the rear side window, they strongly recommended no booster so we then checked out an extra antenna on bull bar. Also, strongly suggested that it would give little or no improvement.

So we gave up and left it as it was but, surprisingly, found the reception on our recent trip was much better.

We did nothing different, didn't touch the antenna and just talked about it so we have no idea why the improvement.

One occasion when talk was cheap.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Since talkback became a virus infecting nearly all out of city radio stations I just play CD's........

thumbs up.png

USB with 2Gig of music for me...............

Reactions: dagree and peterg

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Thats a shame bloke but good luck it shouldnt take long
Thanks @Bluey and nope it didn't take long!

stay here with us though fella.
Try and keep me away @Drover ;)

I sincerely hope youll hang around here mate, your great value
Someone has to hang around and keep you motley crew under control :p

you will stick around?
See above reply to @Crusty181 :D

Maybe it was too good a bargain??????

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Well done on the sale...even though the expanda has gone, you can now spend some time enjoying the photos you took while away! And maybe sorting them if you're anything like me.

Some ex panda owners do stick around ....I'm one of them as well. It's worth the entertainment value with some of the characters who also stick around.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
( We can have a free for all here, never be off topic as the topic has Left the Forum )....

Wow, sold that quick? Ill have a semi trailer of garage crap loaded and en-route to WA within a week

Greta idea, you get the semi and I'll drive it over there, MC code so can hook Big Mal on the back ....................need to visit some folks in Wait awhile.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Wow, that was really quick!. I only noticed it the other day and thought it was yours.
Definitely will have to organise a weekend get together day somewhere (a fine day though)

Reactions: G Daddy and bigcol