Cruza Drivers 2012 BT50 GT

shiraz

Oct 22, 2012
sellicks hill s.a
If its any Help the Harvester Driver said why dont you take the Lamborghini badge off the tractor and put it on your Ute "bt50"
only got one badge or i would have sent you one, could always get a RR badge or will you be getting there new SUV when its released
with all these mods there will be some great utes and Vans for sale in a couple of years,
started saving guys
shiraz.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Here are a few pics of the fitment of the Runva 11XP winch. Its an 11000lbs winch that came with Dyneema rope, snatch block, isolation switch, a winch cover and a wireless winch controller.
The winch cover is more for Jeeps etc where the winch sits on top of the bar, it protects the rope from UV damage over time plus protecting the winch.

When I fitted the suspension to the BT 18months ago I fitted steel bulbar and winch rated H/D springs in the front. In saying this the ride in the front end ride is great after adding the weight of the winch without effecting the handling.

0222_zps3bfad2af.jpg

The Runva is available in 2 colours, The Black Limited Edition with red rope or a red winch with blue rope.
0232_zpsd491d0a7.jpg

The snatch block and isolation switch
0262_zps1647e2e5.jpg

The winch cover that I wont need but it might fit over the Weber as a cover? :)
0282_zps9ce3cb0f.jpg

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Before fitting the winch I had to remove the gearbox then the gearbox mounting bolts to rotate the housing. This enabled the clutch release handle to line up with the opening in the top of the bulbar. While apart I added a bit of extra grease on the gears and seal.
0242_zps87b1c05f.jpg

To fit the winch in the bar I had to loosen off all the bar mounts and tilt the bar, once this was done the winch slid in no dramas. The hardest bit was holding the winch in one hand and putting the bolts in with the other o_O
0252_zpsec2c86d2.jpg

Another thing I did when getting the bulbar was order the winch fitting kit. The kit came with the number plate hinge plus a few other bits and pieces.
Here it is all fitted up. I will have to order an offset hawse lead though as the opening of the bar is a little bit high and could/would damage the rope when winching. No big deal its a common thing.
0272_zps5f1ff50d.jpg

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Its been a while since the BT has had anything done to it of any significance to report.
This week though I finally got around to wiring up my Anderson Plug, which is now wired directly to the second/auxiliary battery.

I had previously wired one up to my 100 series when I had it also as the Expanda came prewired from factory as an extra.
After a quick trip to the auto shop the bits required were,
>4m 6 B&S cable (2 red & 2 black)
>50amp circuit breaker
>50amp Anderson Plug
>10m 7mm conduit (a bit extra for another job :))
>Wire terminals etc

IMG-20150610-WA0000_zpsdfqbym67.jpg

Here are a few pics :) of the finished job. The BT comes with a provision in the tub for wiring to be done without any need to drill any holes to get wiring in and out of the tub.
012%202_zpsbr6uhakq.jpg

I mounted it up out the way from any damage that may happen whilst out and about exploring
009%202_zpstgxrbde3.jpg

Connected to the Expanda to make sure it all works as it should.
010%202_zpshczli4hc.jpg

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Thanks @chartrock

On the LHS under the top lip of the tub above the rear of the wheel arch, does that make sense o_O :) I can't remember if you have a tub liner but peel it back and you will see a square hole. This will enable any wiring like a second battery to be wired upto the front etc.

Sing out if you need a better location pic mate :thumb:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I do have a tub liner, but I'll have a look tomorrow and see. Where does the wire come in to the place you describe? Is it through the double skin?