Cruza Drivers 2012 BT50 GT

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I like the set up, was toying with similar for The Ute if we wanted to stop O/N at Teewah or Fraser but common sense took over " Your giving 70 a shove, stupid old coot " and since getting into the swag is No Problemo , getting out in the morning could be, besides it's only a 10 min drive to home..............................................had similar set ups way back when you did it all yourself, they weren't pretty but they worked.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Had a chance over the weekend to test out the new set up for a few days camping at the Mansfield showgrounds in Victoria.

I was very happy with it, I also have a wall for the second awning but I didn't need to use it over the weekend as the weather was perfect.

20170414_165043_zpsdablwjci_edit_1492214125280_zpsh5saquqp.jpg
Wasn't with that Myswag mob was it heard they were having a big shindig at Mansfield,
The rigs Look'n good to mate:thumb:

Reactions: cruza driver

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Send the cut off bit to me as I'm a tad short in my storm cover calculations!

Yet another digression.....o_O....at least I'm consistent.....

Our design and making of the storm covers is going remarkably well, thanks to some help I've got from members here. We're using the plastic sail track (sourced from Paskal as recommended), the sikaflex 291 (again, as recommended), Kedar rope track and the cut down awning side walls. The only problem is getting the sikaflex off the hands as we accidentally bought black.....we hope it wears off as turps and similar doesn't move it. But it sticks the sail track beautifully...no screws or rivets! So far.

That ARB gear is probably better quality than the super centre stuff....and my six year old ARB awning is starting to show signs of wear, and the plastic roll up clips are broken. I've replaced it with a bungee. There weren't many others on the market when I got my awning and the prices have certainly dropped.

I just looked back at your photos and can now see it's the new ARB model.....is it an improvement?
Yeah I've had my original awning also before the cheaper versions too.

The supercentre walls are good to cut up as I wouldn't dare cut up the Arb one ;)

As for the new Arb awning the main difference is actually the bag and how the poles sit back into the housing when rolled up, it works really well. Also the new awning as a bigger plate on the end which makes rolling up better and you also don't have to adjust the poles to fold them back in if that makes sense.

Reactions: Drover and Dobbie