Cruza Drivers 2012 BT50 GT

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
It comes up between the inner and outer skins, plenty of room between the two.

Its easier to work from the tub outwards and if you need to get anything through the other way drop a bit of rope through the hole, tape it to the wire then feed it back. That's how I did the second battery.

Reactions: 17triton

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I was actually wondering whether I would get the Anderson Plug wiring through there with the dual battery wires too and it went through no problems. I was thinking I may have to get the holesaw out but it was all good.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Before fitting the winch I had to remove the gearbox then the gearbox mounting bolts to rotate the housing. This enabled the clutch release handle to line up with the opening in the top of the bulbar. While apart I added a bit of extra grease on the gears and seal.
0242_zps87b1c05f.jpg

To fit the winch in the bar I had to loosen off all the bar mounts and tilt the bar, once this was done the winch slid in no dramas. The hardest bit was holding the winch in one hand and putting the bolts in with the other o_O
0252_zpsec2c86d2.jpg

Another thing I did when getting the bulbar was order the winch fitting kit. The kit came with the number plate hinge plus a few other bits and pieces.
Here it is all fitted up. I will have to order an offset hawse lead though as the opening of the bar is a little bit high and could/would damage the rope when winching. No big deal its a common thing.
0272_zps5f1ff50d.jpg
You just used the same grease as you use on the vans bearings @cruza driver ?