02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

soooooooooooooo

it DID happen

Doc

May 2, 2016
Hobart, Australia
@bigcol - that is cool. Am after something to protect the top bit of fabric on the awning, but didn't want one of the hard plastic or aluminium protectors...

After Christmas/New Year is done and dealt with I might have to talk to @crustt about one.

Reactions: bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
awhile ago @Doc I had seen this, and thought, what a great idea............

while we were away in winter, the rain was getting through the stitching of the awning (right above the door ofcourse...........)
so I had to get up there and run wax over the threads

this - in theory - should now protect the stitching (and the sail track - double redundancy) as well as the awning while rolled up

there are clips also on the straps, that I assume when you roll out the awning, you attach those to stop it from flapping around in a breeze........
(am I correct @crustt ....)

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
awhile ago @Doc I had seen this, and thought, what a great idea............

while we were away in winter, the rain was getting through the stitching of the awning (right above the door ofcourse...........)
so I had to get up there and run wax over the threads

this - in theory - should now protect the stitching (and the sail track - double redundancy) as well as the awning while rolled up

there are clips also on the straps, that I assume when you roll out the awning, you attach those to stop it from flapping around in a breeze........
(am I correct @crustt ....)
Yep, that's what they're for, the whole length of the cover flopping in the breeze is very noisy.

Reactions: bigcol

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
@bigcol - that is cool. Am after something to protect the top bit of fabric on the awning, but didn't want one of the hard plastic or aluminium protectors...

After Christmas/New Year is done and dealt with I might have to talk to @crustt about one.
Doc, if you want one you better move soon, there is only one left. Though you can buy them on ebay from another seller, they are cheaper but cost more ;-)

Reactions: dagree