Wynguard TV antenna?

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
Our Jayco has the wynguard, have bought the wingman for it but may not be able to fit it as it comes down really close to A/C. Unless I can swap the antenna head to the opposite side. fingers crossed.
I wish I had that problem right now, the next 15 hours are going to be an eternity!

Peter

Sep 12, 2011
Netherby SA
Hi Matty,

Just a query.

Could you please advise which bracket you've sourced that fits into the roof locking clip. We're looking at getting the travellers mate aerial and are trying to determine the best set up options for our van when it finally arrives.

Look fwd to hearing from you soon.

Cheers,

Pete

Racer

Jun 17, 2014
NSW
Will the booster power other outlets other than the one with the 12v socket and booster switch?

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
@Racer the booster should power any TV outlets in the van.

I have the Wineguard antenna and have found it fantastic.

It is designed for both VHF (mind you nearly all VHF transmissions have now ceased in Australia for the government digital dividend) and UHF and for both horizontal and vertical

I do find however it's almost useless unless the booster is switched on.

I also check out surrounding homes/caravans to see which way they are pointed as it's a pretty good guide.

Racer

Jun 17, 2014
NSW
Ok. Thanks for that, the only point I get signal from is the booster point. The others are dead.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Sounds like your other aerial points are wired up like ours @Racer ... They are setup for an external aerial and not the wyngaurd as our wyngaurd was an after thought and fitted by the dealer.

Racer

Jun 17, 2014
NSW
Sounds like your other aerial points are wired up like ours @Racer ... They are setup for an external aerial and not the wyngaurd as our wyngaurd was an after thought and fitted by the dealer.

That would make sense. I'll try by linking the booster port back into the outside antenna inlet then tv plugged into one of the non working ports.

Reactions: dagree