wow has the world ended

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
this is about the longest i have waited for some one to ask or have an opinion about anything , i could not let it go a full week with no questions or opinions ,must be the cooler weather either have you all on trips or snuggled up inside near a fire???? only eight weeks until we depart on our tassie trip time to ask for must see, must do or must stay.

• Love
Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ive been sitting on my key tappers.....just nice up here...,......interested to hear more about Tassie .

IMG_20230502_112347.jpg

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
The Wall. He has put out three books that I know of, I have the first and a mate has just returned with the third but I have not seen the second. Each one is a record of his progress with good info on his procedures where he has left some of,it only partially worked to show his methods. A very worthwhile place to visit.
Other places are the Nut at Stanley, Penguin with a free camp at Sulphur Creek (not as nasty as it sounds, right on the water with penguins arriving at night), Cockle Creek right down as far as you can drive south, Bruny Island and their boat trip south to see seals, albatrosses and other sea birds, in Hobart see the Female Factory, the Shot Tower, MONA. Queenstown has free camp at the Gravel Oval where they play AFL on gravel! The rail from Queenstown to Strahan is a good trip as is the boat trip from Strahan to the islands followed by the play “The Ship That Never Was”, a real hoot.
This is a fairly short list of things to do, Tassie can keep you going for months. We spent 6 weeks there and could easily have spent another 6. It is a wonderful place, you will enjoy it immensely and want to go back to see the things you missed.
Enjoy your trip, post some pic and trip reports so we can all be jealous.

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
WE have just purchased a new digital camera for our upcoming trip, the instruction booklet says its is printed in english?? not sure about that, from page one we have no clue what they are trying to tell us , suppose i will have to arrange a family BBQ (using the excuse of the new baby) and have the younger generation show me how to use the camera, all the reviews say its the camera for our needs???, i did like my kodak instamatic 104, arrhh to live the simple life. FYI. its a panasonic lumix DC-TZ95D

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
WE have just purchased a new digital camera for our upcoming trip, the instruction booklet says its is printed in english?? not sure about that, from page one we have no clue what they are trying to tell us , suppose i will have to arrange a family BBQ (using the excuse of the new baby) and have the younger generation show me how to use the camera, all the reviews say its the camera for our needs???, i did like my kodak instamatic 104, arrhh to live the simple life. FYI. its a panasonic lumix DC-TZ95D
Don't think you are the only one @poor but proud. Mrs Boots had a Panasonic Lumix model SZ150. She decided to upgrade to a SZ 80 with the latest "touch screen" for menu. Trouble was that when taking shots and there was a need to change settings/apertiure timing etc , it could not be read unless she changed glasses. By the time new settings made, the subject has moved. Now gone back to original camera for less hassles. Its hard to "catch up" with the latest systems when you are coming from so far behind and can't see properly without the correct glasses. Great for the younger set with all faculties in good condition. Good luck with the latest camera..

Reactions: poor but proud