Which Van

Boatboy50

Mar 4, 2012
Gold Coast, Australia
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Put a deposit down today on a 12/2007 (delivered 08) 16.49.3 Outback.

Has quite a few extras with TV/DVD, Solar panels, 2 x deep cycle batts, roll out, new annexe, bed flys, stereo/CD, A/C, Inner spring mattresses, table infill cushion, roll out awning and more.

It's only got a 90L fridge, but I think i'll buy an Evacool fridge/freezer to go with it. I'll also need to get a Weber or similar for easy cooking. Any ideas on what other items i'll need to purchase?

It very clean with only a couple of minor blemishes. Hopefully it'll do us for a long time into the future.

The first trip will be an Easter shakedown to Tin Can Bay or north somewhere.

Any suggestions or recommendations about what i'm getting myself into?

Darren

busybusymum

Oct 23, 2011
Albury/Wodonga
Sounds good- hope it gives you many happy times. When looking at an extra fridge - especially if doing alot of freecamping. you either need to go three way and run it off gas (not always recommended in the northern parts of AUs)- or a compressor style fridge which you will then run off the van batteries or your car battery. As you know there are several brands and sizes of these - but make sure you get one that has an automatic cut out so it doesnt run your battery flat and look carefully to determine their efficiency on battery draw down. When we were looking a couple of years ago we were tossing up between an Engel and a brand called National Luna which we went with and have been very impressed with - they are a sth African fridge used with safaris etc in Africa - if gave us the best efficiency in draw of a battery and also lets us know how our battery was going and has 3 selectable options for when you could have the fridge cut out if your battery is getting low. The main supplier of these in Australia is Opposite Lock.