17' Series Which generator

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Was going to give mine a run during our 6 hr black out here on Monday but won't be here, you may not use it very much but they sure give you peace of mind...........I run my 2 genny's for about 30 mins each month or so, just put a cup of fuel in and fire them up usually running the shed till they run out of fuel, that way they work when you need them.

Reactions: Sammy D

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hoping to be at Stand Down Park about 20 mins fromTin Can from this Sunday for a few days while we check out some properties in the area, generally escape the clean up routine of selling house..........might even find something, haven't checked the tides but fish an chips at Rainbow will be on the cards.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
We use a fuel stabiliser additive in ours to stop the fuel going off.

Try to give them a periodical run as well.

Nothing worse than needing it and it won't start.

Reactions: Drover and jeff

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Never bothered with fuel stabiliser, mainly as fuel doesn't stay in the can long enough, gets used regularly and the genny's for the most part are stowed empty.
If not using fuel very often then I would use it but only keep a 5lt can at most not 20 odd lts as I do now.

Reactions: Bellbirdweb

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas
Was going to give mine a run during our 6 hr black out here on Monday but won't be here, you may not use it very much but they sure give you peace of mind...........I run my 2 genny's for about 30 mins each month or so, just put a cup of fuel in and fire them up usually running the shed till they run out of fuel, that way they work when you need them.
Great advice as I do not want any issues when I need it.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I spoke with Truma direct prior to buying and they suggested a minimum of a 2KVA Honda. We will only ever use this for air con. They also stated we should try not to run anything other than air con on it. Went with the Honda 2kva due to size, weight, decibels, and name brand. For some reason they said Honda over Yamaha also.
I gave my Honda 2kva a run with the Truma the other day and handled it fine, even ran on eco mode but was not a stinking hot day. Quite a relief after it failed to run the Heron in the 17-56-1.

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas
I gave my Honda 2kva a run with the Truma the other day and handled it fine, even ran on eco mode but was not a stinking hot day. Quite a relief after it failed to run the Heron in the 17-56-1.
That's great news for me as I will be trying it next weekend. After I have the van:)

Reactions: 17triton

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
Noooooooo will you generator people man up and do without your air-con and coffee machines and and and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we did 6 months without and lived to tell the tale.................................

Damn noisy things in otherwise peaceful camp grounds!!!! many camp grounds in The Kimberley offer generator free areas for normal people!!!!!!!!

Jeremy Johnson

Sep 6, 2015
North Queensland

Used our 2kva for the first time also, ran the air con no issues whatsoever.
It didn't get close to full revs either.
Very glad we chose the 2kva due to weight, size and our requirements, any bigger would be a waste for us.

Reactions: Sturah