17' Series Where's your favourite place

Crazyfun

Jun 26, 2014
Where's you favourite place in victoria to holiday at or just outside of vic. Needs some ideas to start planning some trips :) thanks :)

Crazyfun

Jun 26, 2014
Robinvale looks great and got the nod of approval from the other half haha

Halls gap is beautiful although I'm holding off on that till the youngest of our tribe is a little older

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
I can also vouch for Robinvale, such a nice spot right on the river. We also head to Bright every year, plenty to do there for all, weather dependent for some things though

Reactions: Kenshi123

shiraz

Oct 22, 2012
sellicks hill s.a
Mt Staplton camp grounds northern Grampians,
Plantation camp grounds Roses Gap rd
Nelson on the river lot of good sites with a jetty be careful of size check with national parks first.only ever used with campervan and boat
but remember a caravan with a generator and others giving him heaps "builders generator "
But you gotta go to snowys and Yarra Valley
Photos of Mt Staplton bushwalk.

shiraz

Attachments

• DSCN1761.JPG
    DSCN1761.JPG
    748 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCN2493.JPG
    DSCN2493.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 212

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Anywhere I can do this:
IMG_1600.JPG
I've seen quite a lot of Victoria, and still so much more to go (i.e. High Country... cough cough @cruza driver cough cough...). Each has their benefits and drawbacks. Even the Mallee has it's beauty... :)

But if I had to pick an area? I'd start at one end of the Great Ocean Road (either is fine) and drive to the other, along the way stopping for pics, beach play, forest walks, golf and some fine pubs and grubs.

But really, just get out there as often as you can to wherever you can.

Last edited:

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
High Country for us. :)

Powellet River is a nice spot when heading to the beach. The river is nice and shallow for young ones before it flows into the ocean.
We have done one trip to the High country when we had our Odyssey ZR camper - brilliant - don't think the Journey would go where we went then though.............

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Bit of a Lake Tyers fan, we use the park "The Lakes Beachfront Holiday Retreat" beach, lake, pub, quiet bush setting. Dogs allowed.
5 mins from lakes entrance if you need anything or the weathers bad and need to shop , see a flic, use the aquatic centre etc
Takes us 4 hrs from mornington peninsula.

Crazyfun

Jun 26, 2014
Anywhere I can do this:
View attachment 29034
I've seen quite a lot of Victoria, and still so much more to go (i.e. High Country... cough cough @cruza driver cough cough...). Each has their benefits and drawbacks. Even the Mallee has it's beauty... :)

But if I had to pick an area? I'd start at one end of the Great Ocean Road (either is fine) and drive to the other, along the way stopping for pics, beach play, forest walks, golf and some fine pubs and grubs.

But really, just get out there as often as you can to wherever you can.

Great ocean road is lovely but having lived on it for many years it's not exciting to travel home haha

Reactions: dagree

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Great ocean road is lovely but having lived on it for many years it's not exciting to travel home haha

I guess the same way I felt about living in Central Australia for so long. Never understood why so many people would want to "come up here and see red dirt".

Now however, a few years wiser and not actually being back in well over a decade, I'm itching to see it again.

Reactions: dagree