16' Series Where do you mount your Joolca HWS?

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Thanks for the responses guys. We have a 2004 softlid outback. Layout is same as a more modern 16.49....

There is definatly not enough room to mount under the bed ends and maintain the 1m clearance required above the unit when operating. Beds might get a bit warm.....lol. Also not the best for carbon monoxide.

By the look of it it would easily fit in a Jerry can holder.

At this stage i think a slim bracket on the offside to hang the unit and remove when travelling or a swing arm mounted off the rear bar is looking like the winner. We are going away in sept for a week so I will take it with me and trial some temporary locations before I settle on the solution.

Will do pics once sorted!

Also will order the ensuite tent for sure.

Thanks again to all those who responded

Chris
I will be waiting to see what you do as i have a 16-49-1 and want to know where I can place it as well. are you going to also connect it to your kitchen tap?

Stuart

chris demetrious

Jul 12, 2016
Melbourne
I will be waiting to see what you do as i have a 16-49-1 and want to know where I can place it as well. are you going to also connect it to your kitchen tap?

Stuart
Yes plan is to feed hot water to the sink and external shower. Will play around with locations on our trip in a few weeks, once I settle on where I want the unit to live I will look at the mounting point.

Will be a few weeks but will post pics

Reactions: spiderpig

David78

Dec 5, 2016
Mildura
Hi there,
I just bought a joocola
And was wondering how you went with mounting one to your Expanda?
I want to do the same!
Thanks in advance!!

craggitt13

Aug 5, 2016
Ipswich QLD
I ended up putting a black tonneau cleat above the water fill door of the caravan and hang it off there. Put a quick disconnect in the water fill for hot water into the caravan so i have hot water at the sink. The shower tent sets up in front of the wall near the fridge to also keep the sun off that part of the wall.
Next time i have it all set up i will take pics

craggitt13

Aug 5, 2016
Ipswich QLD
Water is connected by normal brass nylex hose connectors and gas is connected by gas bayonet fitting.
I put a couple of metal door stoppers on the back of the unit to keep it off the wall of the caravan for peace of mind, but it does not get hot, i can put my hand up against it when it is running.

Reactions: Dobbie

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Water is connected by normal brass nylex hose connectors and gas is connected by gas bayonet fitting.
I put a couple of metal door stoppers on the back of the unit to keep it off the wall of the caravan for peace of mind, but it does not get hot, i can put my hand up against it when it is running.

Ok great. This may be a stupid question, but does it work ok? I am really looking initially at the hot water for the sink and maybe the shower option as a later addon

Stuart

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Just reading some reviews online and it says that it is not hot enough for dishes, which is what I want it for.

May have to go for other options.

Stuart

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
If it's not hot enough for washing dishes, you may as well just boil a kettle.

What did they say about heat for showers, if you want to use it for that?

I'm sure some others here have been impressed with the simplicity of the Joolco but can't remember any negatives re temperature.

I know absolutely nothing about these but have seen the Coleman cubes being used; can't remember if they can be hooked up to the van gas and water. They may just be a step up from a pot on the fire.

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
If it's not hot enough for washing dishes, you may as well just boil a kettle.

What did they say about heat for showers, if you want to use it for that?

I'm sure some others here have been impressed with the simplicity of the Joolco but can't remember any negatives re temperature.

I know absolutely nothing about these but have seen the Coleman cubes being used; can't remember if they can be hooked up to the van gas and water. They may just be a step up from a pot on the fire.

Hi,
By what I read, they are good for showers, but do not have the extra heat for washing the dishes. They only heat to a certain temp, dependent on the settings.

Stuart

craggitt13

Aug 5, 2016
Ipswich QLD
My setup works fairly well. Would like more heat for dishes as i get mid 40s. I might put a different pump in with more l/m but all is good at the moment

chris demetrious

Jul 12, 2016
Melbourne
IMG_0028.JPG IMG_0029.JPG IMG_0030.JPG

Sorry guys I forgot about this thread.... here is what I ended up doing. Folds away nice into a nylex tub amd connects in couple old secs. Having trouble with the unit, so not sure I could recommend a Joolca at this stage. However the mount and connections work fine.

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria

spiderpig

Nov 7, 2015
Canberra

chris demetrious

Jul 12, 2016
Melbourne
Hi Chris, What sort of issues are you having with it?
It flames out. I am unsure if it's the blowing out of it's some sort of malfunction. I have been contacting Joolca and although they are sometimes slow to respond they do seem to want to help. Initially we though it was the water supply on the van but it's doing it at home connected to mains.

If it blows out as easy as this has been then to me it's pretty useless for our sort of camping as we are normally on the coast somewhere and it's normally windy.

To be fair I could just have a dud unit.

Reactions: spiderpig