Where did smileys go?

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I don't have smileys and some photos are upside down :(

That smiley I did the old fashioned way. Oh well that will do.

:( :( :)

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
397833548.442116.png
Beats me!

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Yes that is turned on. All I am viewing when I type this post is a yellow box with post reply, upload a file & more options. No text box.

Geoff

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
@expanda can you HELP? I'm in need of some technical :help: I have been unable to 'post a reply' or 'upload a file' and even if I tick "stay logged in" I keep getting logged out randomly, for weeks now. The only thing I have been able to do is 'like' a post. I've even sent 2 emails via "Contact Us" but with no reply :sad: so I'm guessing that wasn't working either. I was starting to feel very rejected UNTIL I found a post with similar issues and they were able to post using Google Chrome. Presto, a break through!!! The editing options, smileys etc are all back and I am able to access the "Post Reply" box just like normal. Finally, I've got a message out :high5: . I have always been (except until right now that I've found out about using Google Chrome) using IE 11 and Google so I don't know what might have changed. Are you able to shed some light, or do I just move over to 'Google Chrome'.
Thanks to anyone who can shed some light but I'm guessing this may be a task for "THE EXPANDA MAN"
Mrs Wanda

Reactions: macca

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Just to let you know, this seems to be the only forum I am having trouble with. The others I can post on no worries. It seemed to get worse the period from when I was unable to post smiley's.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
@expanda can you HELP? I'm in need of some technical :help: I have been unable to 'post a reply' or 'upload a file' and even if I tick "stay logged in" I keep getting logged out randomly, for weeks now. The only thing I have been able to do is 'like' a post. I've even sent 2 emails via "Contact Us" but with no reply :sad: so I'm guessing that wasn't working either. I was starting to feel very rejected UNTIL I found a post with similar issues and they were able to post using Google Chrome. Presto, a break through!!! The editing options, smileys etc are all back and I am able to access the "Post Reply" box just like normal. Finally, I've got a message out :high5: . I have always been (except until right now that I've found out about using Google Chrome) using IE 11 and Google so I don't know what might have changed. Are you able to shed some light, or do I just move over to 'Google Chrome'.
Thanks to anyone who can shed some light but I'm guessing this may be a task for "THE EXPANDA MAN"
Mrs Wanda

Hey Wanda,

Apologies no one responded I haven't seen the emails come through.

We have been having email issues which I will fix to make sure these things come through properly.

Again apologies for that...

Can you try know and let me know if you experience the same issue?

Unfortunately Internet Exploder as I like to call it can be very restrictive in its security settings and the like and unfortunately does break from time to time.

Google chrome is a much more flexible and forgiving browser so generally works most of the time.

This also has alot to do with the fact chrome is alot more technically advanced than Internet Exploder in the adoption of new technologies faster.

All said and done the site should work just fine with IE11 but I have made some changes so if you can try agian it would be appreciated.

If that fails please have a look at the bottom of this post for further testing instructions.

Cheers....
Just to let you know, this seems to be the only forum I am having trouble with. The others I can post on no worries. It seemed to get worse the period from when I was unable to post smiley's.

Hey maccayak, appreciate the comments.

Just some thoughts from myself, firstly it depends what version of forum software the other sites you are using are using.

They may very well be using the same flavor of forum software we are using but it could depend on the version number of that software branch they are using.

All said and done have you got a screen shot of what you are experiencing so I can check out it and what OS you are using?

I have made some changes which may resolve the issue so let me know if it has or hasn't

Cheers.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Couple of things for both of you if you are still experiencing the issue @Wanda and @maccayak can you make sure you are not using "compatibility mode" for the sites domain?

There is a good guide here -

http://www.windows8core.com/how-to-...tings-in-internet-explorer-11-of-windows-8-1/

Cheers.

Last edited: