Well we've finally got it !!

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Gee that is massive. The cruiser looks like a toy in front of it. Really liking the new colours on the outback, despite it making my 2013 look dated.
I like how Sydney Jayco put a black and white rego plate on the van, rather than the yelloe. It's a nice touch.
Enjoy the beast!

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Very nice indeed. Does this mean we will see you at Cameron's Corner 1/10/2014?
Oh, and it looks v e r y b I g. Very big.

Hmmm I need to work for a living to pay for it, so probably not, mind you it's been a few years since we were last at Cameron Corner, would love to go back.

Reactions: Stan53

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Gee that is massive. The cruiser looks like a toy in front of it. Really liking the new colours on the outback, despite it making my 2013 look dated.
I like how Sydney Jayco put a black and white rego plate on the van, rather than the yelloe. It's a nice touch.
Enjoy the beast!
Yeah I hadn't realised just how big it was till I saw it behind the cruiser.

Plenty of room, that's for sure :)

Yes I'd have to say I have been pretty happy with Jayco Sydney.

Even gave my wife some flowers at the end of the handover.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Well shakedown trip done and dusted.

It seems that Jayco are incapable of connecting any form of hose under pressure and stopping it from leaking.

So far we have drips from the kitchen sink, water dripping under the dinette from the inlet hose( this was a major issue with a puddle forming near the back of the setec) water dripping from the washing machine tap and underneath from the shower waste.

Other than that everything seems to work ok.

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Well shakedown trip done and dusted.

It seems that Jayco are incapable of connecting any form of hose under pressure and stopping it from leaking.

So far we have drips from the kitchen sink, water dripping under the dinette from the inlet hose( this was a major issue with a puddle forming near the back of the setec) water dripping from the washing machine tap and underneath from the shower waste.

Other than that everything seems to work ok.
Hope you had a good weekend away despite the water issues!
We are getting a new Journey from Jayco Sydney - at your handover did they have mains water connected to the van? Was the 12 volt water pump demonstrated to you?
When we get ours I have asked for water to be in the tanks so that I can be sure that things are working correctly. That is - no leaks, no air in the line etc etc.
Bill

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
@Billrw136 yes they did have the tanks full at handover and everything was demonstrated, however not on mains pressure water.

The link in the sink, was only evident once you filled the sink and left it full for a time, the water drips out between the plug fitting and the bowl.

The washing machine tap leak, was only small, and wouldn't have been picked up at the handover, and the mains pressure leak, even if we did have it all hooked up wouldn't necessarily have become apparent , as we only found it after 12 hrs on mains water when we noticed a puddle on the floor under the table. The water was out of sight.

I have added some thread tape and tightened a couple of fittings and will do another test to see if the issues still exist, but this sort of basic stuff should be part of the quality control checks.

Stephen Galvin

May 20, 2014
Warnbro WA
Awesome I just love the new colours. We spent our first night in our camper at Umina when we started our trip around OZ as I picked it up in Gosford . I was rushing around to buy beds for the kids and lost my wallet with $1450 bucks in it when I was tying them onto the roofrack :( Its a beautiful spot and the kids loved it.

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
@Billrw136 yes they did have the tanks full at handover and everything was demonstrated, however not on mains pressure water.

The link in the sink, was only evident once you filled the sink and left it full for a time, the water drips out between the plug fitting and the bowl.

The washing machine tap leak, was only small, and wouldn't have been picked up at the handover, and the mains pressure leak, even if we did have it all hooked up wouldn't necessarily have become apparent , as we only found it after 12 hrs on mains water when we noticed a puddle on the floor under the table. The water was out of sight.

I have added some thread tape and tightened a couple of fittings and will do another test to see if the issues still exist, but this sort of basic stuff should be part of the quality control checks.
Totally agree - we must have been lucky with our Expanda - did not have any issues really. I did have to reseal the hard lid hinges but that was later on....

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
First decent trip away. Enjoying the sunshine from Mudgee, I think I can get used to this :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 211
Reactions: dagree and davemc