Weber Extension Lead

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
Just wondering if anyone has the link for the aussie ebay seller that sells the 3m weber leads ? - damn sure i saw the link in a thread on the weekend somewhere but for the life of me i can't find it anymore and the search button doesn't come up with it

or maybe i dreamt it ??

cheers

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
paulie,

Simply search for "gas bayonet" - you will see a number of listings. There is one for 3m with bayonet for $23 + postage

Cheers,

Ro

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
You need a 3/8''SAE hose, the ones on ebay are 3/8"BSP when I checked last. Google a company called GAMECO, they do a 3m bayonet x 3/8"SAE hose for around $35. I got a mate to pick me up one last week, they are in Preston Victoria, but have offices in other states.

For the guys who used a 3/8" bsp hose, it will do up, but it will be loose, the thread profile is wrong and there is a chance the thread could jump if you over tighten it. It may seem tight but it is not right so be careful. I don't know why they have two flared sizes for gas hoses that are both 3/8". By the way a 3/8" SAE flare will not start on a 3/8" BSP fitting as its a beez d//k to big. Confused!!!

Cheers Geoff

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Great advice Geoff, I should get my plumber mate around to run some extra gaslines for our Weber under the Expanda. I'll then need the 3m hose too :violin: :smile:

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
Definately confusing, the BBQs Galore dude said 2.7m was max length with the threaded end and 1.5m with a bayonet...might try Gameco and see if do WA supply..

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
Ps. The guy who sold us the van gave us a lead he had made up but hadn't yet loctited it ! Gave me tube of that too...mmmm....he's a auto sparky so no disrespect but I think I'll go genuine !!

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
BBQ galore has them in two different lengths, both with bayonet fittings on the end. I got the 3m one so they do exist, but I went into the store and got it, don't trust the sales people, half the time they're not really sure (No offence to anyone, just my experience)
Here is a link to weber's web site http://www.weberbbq.com.au/AccessoryDetails.php?id=95 Hose is 3m, cost $69.95

Hope this helps.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Not knowing any different at the time I bought mine from westlakes gas and welding supplies. It was a standard heater hose available in various lengths with bayonet on one end, then I needed a brass adaptor nut for the other end to suit thread on barbie. eBay sounds cheap though!

Cheers.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Definately confusing, the BBQs Galore dude said 2.7m was max length with the threaded end and 1.5m with a bayonet...might try Gameco and see if do WA supply..

Could be a state thing or the sales guy might have been thinking Natural Gas. Nat Gas would have a shorter hose.

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
Hi all you can definantly buy a 1.5m and a 3m Webber hose with baynet fitting which use the BSP 3/8 nut. The 1.5m hose was from BBQ's Galore Fountain gate and the 3m hose is in stock at Mitre 10 pakenham. I have also attached a link to a company in Newport that supply from what their catalogue shows just about every item that has ever been made to do with gas unsure of prices though.

http://www.jamesshields.com.au/

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
The BSP one is not correct it has to be SAE, trust me. Gameco have them or get the Weber original one. Got mine from Gameco it is perfect. Shields don't list SAE, they can probably get them.

Like i said on the first page of this thread (pardon pun) BSP will fit, but it is not right.

Geoff

Glenn

Sep 6, 2012
Bittern, VIC
Hi All, Have seen them at Page Bros Seaford, BBQ's Galore Frankston & another Weber Stockist Woodpecker in Mornington, thats for the VIC guys anyway.

Glenn