17' Series Weber advice

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I think you can buy cast iron frying pans with fold in handles in camping stores,not sure of pricing though
BCF and Ray's have them for approximately $25... Just looked ;)
Not sure if folding a handle in while on the weber would be a good idea :D

Funny thing @SMJ *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* ... We bought the weber for home 2 weeks after I installed a new wall oven for Mrs Dagree and the oven now only gets used for reheating!!!

Reactions: bigcol

SMJ x2

Apr 12, 2015
PERTH
BCF and Ray's have them for approximately $25... Just looked ;)
Not sure if folding a handle in while on the weber would be a good idea :D

Funny thing @SMJ *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* ... We bought the weber for home 2 weeks after I installed a new wall oven for Mrs Dagree and the oven now only gets used for reheating!!!
We are loving the weber,cooked roast pork in it tonight and it was probably the best I have had,added bonus it is easier to clean than wall oven.Also didn't want to get my new oven messy ;)

Reactions: Smirke and dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Speaking of food cooked in the weber..... Tonight we had lamb steak, herb and garlic sausages with roasted corn cobs tonight!
Tomorrow will be Roast Chook and vegies also done in the weber :)

Reactions: bigcol and Smirke

Stan Lee

Aug 29, 2012
rAdelaide
www.expandasdownunder.com
I can assure u having had the hotplate and the fry pan I'd recommend the fry pan. U can do everything on the fry pan and more.

Buy the larger one!! I know what u r saying 're money but it's worth it!

Eggs won't slide off and make a mess
Cook veg bakes lasagnas etc
I place a trivet over my fry pan and indirect cook a roast. Catches the juices and there's ya gravy

Do u want me to keep going??

Ps I'm not an employee of Weber

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I reckon it's easier to use the frypan on the little gas stove and keep,the weber for grills and roasts.

But then, I'm lazy.

We resurrected our wood BBQ at home ...a real antique ...and cooked our sticky pork ribs on it.

Brilliant and easier to clean...and fuel is cheap ...the smokey taste was great.

Can't imagine why I didn't revert to it sooner. Think I'll go retro.

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
$59.95 for their frypan?

I might try my pan and see if I can save some $$$.

Their speciality stuff is way overpriced...talk about upsell.

I reckon if you use a good heavy bottom frypan it should be ok. Now I need to see if they still recommend closing the lid with it. I've been retrained to that method so would hate to change back again.
You don't buy one, :der:you get someone else to buy you one for a pressy :clap2:

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
I got a BabyQ Black Edition (lid) and it's great.
A few extras add was a half hot plate (recommended) also picked up the pizza stone (also recommended) cook a great pizza kids loved it.
Convection tray and Trivet as recommended by weber to cook most things.
Next I will get is the Rib/Roast Holder and the Vegetable basket.
I had thoughts of getting the handle light but 99% of your cooking is with the lid down. Not really needed.

20160102_180519_zpsawds0e9o.jpg

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Torches work fine and you still get the surprise factor from the BBQ.

It would help to find the sausages dropped, though. I have a dreadful habit of dropping them in sand and it's not a great taste.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I looked at the 1/2 plate when we first got our Weber
too small to cook on for 3 people

so I went the full plate
never looked back
never use the grill thingy, as I already do Burnt Offerings to Pagan Gods while on the BBQ

got the "trivet", and some other bits and bobs when I first got it............... they have never been used

full plate is great

Reactions: dagree

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
Used 2 take a weber....downsizing....now we use a dual burner portable with a hotplate....easier to clean.....

Experimenting with a stainless wok to replace the camp oven as well...bit of design work and trial and error 2 b done there b4 decisions r made.

Reactions: Sammy D