Webber v's Gasmate - etc

benandjordansmum

Feb 8, 2012
Logan Village, Qld
We have a coleman roadtrip. (interchangeable plates - grill, flat plate and ring burner). We can do most things, in/on it even though it says not to close the lid, we do. We have even done a roast in the camp oven on the burner. I love it for the folding standing and also have the wheeling carry bag. We store it on the floor in the van. If I had my time again though I would buy a webber 100 with the high lid (Q would be too small for us).

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
The problem I have with these is the resellers said I can't put a pot on them due to the way the burners are configured. We do all cooking outside, so I want to have a pot on one side and a plate on the other. I can do this with a cheap three burner stove.

Can I do it with a Weber/Gasmate???

Kev

Sep 21, 2013
weber baby q, loved it so much I now have a super sized weber with hood and side wok for home.
Previous BBQ had grill and went double plate. Not anymore. Grill is the only way to cook but only on a Weber!

benrosenick

Nov 26, 2013
Sydney, NSW
www.bushpalace.com.au
I had the Gasmate Cruiser for years and was happy with it, but swapped to a Weber Baby Q because I couldn't find the bits to run it off a bayonet when I got my Expanda.
I miss the plate, but have a Teflon BBQ sheet (from aldi) that I use when needed and it works fine. The BabyQ is a bit smaller in cooking area, but for is big enough for us (family of 5) most of the time.
Overall I'm happy with the Weber, although it was a bit pricey (even more so after I bought the duffel bag, stand, and side leafs for it... Ouch)

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
mmmmmm,
I forgot to update this - sorry folks

well, we were talking about "having a look" at the Baby Q when I next got home from work - about a week away
so off I trundle to work, couple of days later " hun, I found a BARGAIN"
yeah, ok when I get home we can have a look see and see what we get for our money
" no, I have FOUND the bargain, and it is here, you just have to put it together"

oh, ok, thanks, so what extras did you get with it?
nothing - but it was the last one........

right.

so I get home on the Friday Lunchtime (getting ready for the Aust Day Weekend) - that's how out of date this reply is

ok, now, I need to get the hose with the bayonet coupling - "what for hun...?"
so it fits the van Hun, and now I have to find someone who sells them, because I phoned the shop you brought this from, and they don't stock anything like that.
so I found a place that sells Webbers "the Umbrella Shop" in Midland
and they had the hose - $60.00
and the breakfast plate (extra $60.00)
and the full plate (extra $60.00)
and the temp gauge that goes in the lid (dunno - was to scared to ask in case it was $60.00)

so another shopping trip to this place soon I think, I just got the hose, and it will get a flogging very shortly when we go to Esperance in a couple of weeks

cheers

Reactions: Ren1977

S&k

Jan 27, 2014
Cairns
Has anyone use a sizzler 2.0 bbq? At $450 there full stainless steel and seem like a good buy. I like the shape and thinking they will be easy to store.

dakky68

Nov 19, 2013
Newcastle
We've just replaced our fold-up two-burner with another one, as it's falling apart from so much use. We did consider the Webers, but we are only interested in cooking with a plate, and don't fancy the idea of having to keep the hood on all the time.

Reactions: jvp and bigcol

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
baby Q with high lid for us. 4 adults and 1 toddler most of the time. Love it. Would not change it for anything and when we have to replace the bbq at home (hmm how to break it) it will get replaced with a family q or what ever the model is.
As for eggs, we cook them in a muffin tray! :) Just grease the muffin tray with some butter / margarine before cracking the eggs in. Works a treat.

shiraz

Oct 22, 2012
sellicks hill s.a
we had a gas weber small the model before the Q went in for spare parts and was told we havent made those since 2000 ,we have used it in the campervan for about 15yrs it came with the van, we have had baby Q for 2ys in van , and yes as most of us do replaced home bbq with weber Q, it gets used a lot ,its used instead of stove (think im being conned) less kitchen cleaning,

how can they trump the Q
shiraz,

PS...yes its heading for the Corner,think it will be in good company

Still_dreamin

Jan 27, 2014
Brisbane Northside
We are also now looking for a bbq for our panda and it seems everyone loves the weber baby q. I was wondering how everyone stores the weber when travelling? We currently have the back tunnel boot empty. Will the weber fit in here? And do you need to remove the lid for storage? Am considering the high lid option with temp gauge. Thoughts....