We bought a Jayco 18.57-5

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
One of the joys of Aldi is the anticipation of the next catalogue....clever marketing!

Every time you visit you collect the cattle dog for the next week...and even get it in an email.

What a sad life. I will say they are very good with warranty refund claims. Absolutely no hassle.

Drover's solar panels should be heading their way.

Reactions: davemc

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
And we have a caravan cover that we haven't even tried or fitted....but it was reduced to $40 for a quick sale...it really must be a bargain so had better check.

I can always give it back as I still have the receipt.

Must try it over the weekend.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
O M G...........

you guys are terrible

like a conversation I had with SWMBO once
I said, you are always buy stuff you dont need just because its on special
no I dont says she,
so we go to the shops to get bread & milk for the next day

she comes out of the shop with 3 bags of stuff..........

"Nah" said I - "you never buy stuff because its on special do you"

"well, it was a bargain" - she said - "end of conversation if you know whats good for you"

so I dropped it........

Reactions: dagree

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
First Mods done, anyone care to guess what that was
here is a hint
Before
IMG_0908.JPG

And After
IMG_0909.JPG

Had to move the Coast to Coast panel down a smidge and left a pull trough cable so if I ever need to pull trough any more cables its there waiting for me.

Now to go back outside and mount the panel properly but it is a hot one today :flame:

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Go for it!

You can now spend countless hours looking at the solar input, the draw from each item used and the time of day for maximum solar generation.

You won't have much time for anything else...but lots of thinking time for next bits to add.

Reactions: dagree

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
Go for it!

You can now spend countless hours looking at the solar input, the draw from each item used and the time of day for maximum solar generation.

You won't have much time for anything else...but lots of thinking time for next bits to add.

Yeah I purposely bought the controller without the screen so I didn't sit there starting at it :D

This one just blinks at me and after about 10 seconds its pretty boring.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
I got the lightweight 100w panel http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/262070657717?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
But I would not buy the same panel again as the junction box is on the underside of the panel
This one would have been better
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GISTA-12...241137?hash=item3aad93b2f1:g:my8AAOSw-vlVnLUL

they are very light and can be stuck directly to the van
They are about the same lenght as the aircon unitl and sit just to the side of it, I will post the pics soon

Last edited: