water proof bed ends

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
I need these bed ends I have seen holidays annex ones by the photos but I like a bit of variety is their any other company that does these if not, why not ?we all need them but im finding $1000 is a bit to steep for what they are I don't need 3 windows in them one would be fine im looking for the tracks they use holiday annex will charge me $150 for set I know bunning has stainless steel not sure about plastic ones,ive seen someone use material like a banner material and had them Velcro across original privacy screen look great,kept the warmth in and is waterproof,it was all in one piece.so what Im weigh up is stop being a tight asse and pay $1000 not sure if I be disappointed in the material they use or hunt down the tracks pot rivuet to van purchase rubber vinyl stich and run through the tracks,considering last time I camped I use shower screen curtain that did the job but kept falling down due to double sided tape all thoughts will be welcome

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
I'm with you Grover, I plan on installing a home grown solution to save a few $. A number of folk in here have quite successfully made their own, think Burnsy may have done the clear plastic solution with plastic from Bunnings.
Not knocking the Holiday Annex end covers at all, anybody that has them or have seen them rave about them. But like you I am looking for an effective way of water proofing without the cost, and also are fitted in place like the privacy screen for quick and easy deployment.
Also think it wouldn't cost to much to replace the existing privacy screen with a similar but water proof material/shadecloth.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Yeah I did the clear pvc thing, quite a few members have.....I have some pics on "our 18-57-6'" thread. Like Hm said nothing against holiday annexes, they look great, just depends on what you'd like to spend!

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
When I first brought my van I went to Clark rubber brought $100 worth of plastic it ended up in the bin due to being to bulky my beI brought wrong plastic but it didn't compact small I think putting tracks on like holidays annex and buying a material maybe banner vinyl buying thin nylon rope to thread through track and get it sewn onto vinyl or rubber back material will be the go for me material around $70 rope maybe $10 sew it on maybe $80 a lot cheaper than $1000 see how I go I don't need windows

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
I saw those pictures burnsey maybe you should sell some made up make some dollars

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
I am with Burnsy and HM, I want to be able to leave the protective ends in place when I pack up, so will be following Burnsy and making up my own when I get back.

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
I need these bed ends I have seen holidays annex ones by the photos but I like a bit of variety is their any other company that does these if not, why not ?we all need them but im finding $1000 is a bit to steep for what they are I don't need 3 windows in them one would be fine im looking for the tracks they use holiday annex will charge me $150 for set I know bunning has stainless steel not sure about plastic ones,ive seen someone use material like a banner material and had them Velcro across original privacy screen look great,kept the warmth in and is waterproof,it was all in one piece.so what Im weigh up is stop being a tight asse and pay $1000 not sure if I be disappointed in the material they use or hunt down the tracks pot rivuet to van purchase rubber vinyl stich and run through the tracks,considering last time I camped I use shower screen curtain that did the job but kept falling down due to double sided tape all thoughts will be welcome

Hi Grover, I have attached a link to my post on the Bunnings ones I did, personally for me the press studs were the best option. They have been tested a couple of times now in the rain and the wind and they have held up great. They definitely also help keep the heat in, which will be tested out next weekend on our trip to Jamieson in the Vic High Country.
I do like the sound of the sail track, let us know and see how you go.

Az

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
im on to it the sail tracks that is does anyone know the dimensions on hard lid length and width sail track comes in 7.5 meters hoping this is enough for both sides

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
im on to it the sail tracks that is does anyone know the dimensions on hard lid length and width sail track comes in 7.5 meters hoping this is enough for both sides
I needed 4.5m of pvc to make the frond bed end on ours, this allowed a bit to trim.

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
So far so good got my tracks and kebar to sew canvas on to just shopping for products to use any suggestions for waterproof ,material wasn't happy with vinyl creases to easly maybe poly tarp material getting waterproof canvas sample sent to me stay tuned

crystal674

Jun 17, 2011
Benaraby Qld
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
We had a set made up by a local upholster for $500.00 the set. They attach over top of the privacy screens with sail track that Aaron bought from Bunnings and put on himself. We are able to fold the beds up with them on and have never taken them off.

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
ok guys do I use PVC fabrics where I can wash down or do I use waterproof canvas for my bed ends,now I can get these made up for under $500 a pair might make a few extras in case anyone interested,I haven't mastered putting windows in them me myself don't need the windows but maybe down the track might be a idea

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
Ok just to let u guys in where I'm at have my sail track got my kebar to thread through sail track but thinking to use rope instead might wrap up smaller got my material all up costs me $450 in material reason for it I wanted a material that doesn't crease uv suitable doesn't tear can roll up a lot of covers I have seen creases not a good look not my my van anyway I didn't use canvas I mean my van is made of canvas that my bedding gets wet wasn't goner use canvas on the outside doesn't make sense and best of all comes in lots of colours heheh oh yes it's Mildrew proof and of course water proof can't wait to post pictures when sew up cheers everyone

Reactions: Burnsy

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
Well I'm very disappointed at this time it's costing me $500 just to get my bed ends sew up so costing all up $1000 should of just went with holiday annexes I think so I made a wrong decision doing it myself but at least I'm happy with the material I'm using put pictures up next week when I pick them up looking at crystal674 pictures these would of been the go as well I reckon