Warning - 3 year old doing Jayco Wiring

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Clayton,

Bit of a disgrace really. Opens a whole lot of liability issues for both the manufacturers and the dealers, particularly if a fire or personal injury occurs.

Having attended as a volunteer fire fighter to a number of fires (houses, cars, sheds, etc.) one of the enduring items is the wiring and even with the insulation melted away, it is easy to see the professional -v- amateur workmanship. It is also one of the first places fire investigators look!

I have to say that the person who did the wiring in our van has used the right sized terminators, crimps, etc., but they could have either not stripped some of the wires back so far or at least put some heat shrink or insulation tape over the exposed wire at the crimps/terminators.

Thanks for the heads up.

Clayton

Jun 16, 2013
Yeah I added another double gpo 240v above the shelf on that cupboard and moved my antenna point above the shelf also. Then in replace of the old antenna hole I put a double socket 12v. Came up real well and now hides all the tv cables behind the tv. Antenna and satellite cables run down the back of the cabinet and connect under the van. Vast box is situated in cupboard above. A real tidy job. Will attach pics soon

Reactions: Burnsy

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just found this thread, nice to know it wasn't just me that copped a build by work experience students.

Reactions: Burnsy