unsecured loads and poor maintance?

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
we can probably expect, and rightly so. a blitz on unsecured and poorly restrained items after the mutiple fatality in Tasmania this week when a solar panel came off a caravan on a highway ,causing the following driver to try and take evasive action , we have all seen rv items along our roads from water hoses to caravan bumpers with wheels still fitted. what scares me is the family wagon coming towards me at great speed towing a camper with all the junk in the world hanging off them, and a roof rack piled high. the 9kg gas cylinder and 2 fuel drums on the front held down with a bungy cord or a piece of string. take care everyone it pays to check you rig

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Empty timber jinkers or brick trucks have always had me worried, dodged many a brick or lump of timber, along with the odd wheel......the latest bad news just another reminder that its dangerous out on the tar..

Reactions: poor but proud

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My first encounter with jinkers and bits flying off was driving through Cann River back in the mid 70's, not the place to loose a windscreen, cash only, no plastic then and who carried that much cash............many more objects bouncing off bonnet, roof since then....

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
Followed a Timber Jinker in Tassie, in a campervan , some years ago, and finally had the opportunity to overtake. Just accelerated to pass when one of the right hand rear axles started to move out from the truck, complete with the dual wheels and when the axle was clear of the truck this thing took off across the opposite side of the road and into the paddock. Fortunately there was nothing coming the other way. The track that these two wheels and the axle took was quite spectacular. Anything in the opposite lane would have been demolished as the ensemble overtook the Jinker. They eventually hit the paddock and just kept bouncing for a long, long way.
Pretty scary being in the campervan complete with wife and two kids