Toyota Fortuner

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Surely that Titanium add price was a mistake!
Apparently not.
It was confirmed by a couple of people who called the dealership in question.

Personally, I think that is the right price for the Everest Titanium. Anyone who paid the full retail price for one on release is mad. They were never an $85K vehicle.

If you look at the prices quoted by @davemc a $10K jump from the Trend to the Titanium is reasonable, but the $25K jump isn't.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
And that's web prices you should do better when "Gil needs a sale" at the dealer

Yes the initial prices where high
image.jpeg

The Goodwins

Jan 29, 2014
Wellington Point
www.facebook.com
mate went and looked, interior ordinary rear headroom not flash. All OK for a vehicle that is around the 50K mark at its top end but not nearly 60k for the GXL and he bought a brand run out 3.0L Prado instead for the same price.

Reactions: bigcol

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
It will be interesting to see how sales of cars in this segment go. Sales volumes will dictate the price in the end. I remember when Holden gave refunds to Adventra buyers who had already purchased at the initial "expensive" release prices. They had to do this because they had to slash prices to move them.

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
had a look at a Fortuner yesterday, seemed pretty good, I had a look at GXL, though some of the features are below the equivalent Everest (Trend). Fortuner is certainly smaller (at least width), though has a standard 4wd set up (ie 2H, 4H and 2L) nothing for setting different terrains, no climate control, that said same, engine is the same as the bigger Prado, you can get a manual (if you wish) in the GXL. $57 (auto), and $55 (manual) which is cheaper than the Everest.

I was pleased that when we were talking about towing weights, the auto can do 2.8t, and manual 3t, though he also advised that it would depend on how you load the car. Our van is 2t, so he advised it would easily be within limits.

Just my observations.

I think we are still a fair way off updating the Patrol as it is not just the cost of the car, it's also the cost to set it up for how we want a car, bull bar, cargo barrier, snorkel, suspension etc.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I think we are still a fair way off updating the Patrol as it is not just the cost of the car, it's also the cost to set it up for how we want a car, bull bar, cargo barrier, snorkel, suspension etc.
Pretty easy to drop another 10-15k on top of it isn't it. Something for us to discuss on the weekend mate.

Reactions: Fabulous

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
I remember when we updated the last Patrol, previous car was also a Patrol so I stripped heaps of things, a couple of grand worth, and it still took a fair bit to set up the current one !

Reactions: bigcol

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Just went and had a look inside today. They look nice although 4 kids and 3 in car seats rear seat can only fit two car seats and no anchor points in the back :( Salesman was steering me towards a run out Prado I said no go 2500.. So leaves the big cruiser.