Tow Vehicle Poll

Which tow vehicle do you have?

• Total voters

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Hi all time to put your vote where your tow vehicle is, if I have left any out please let me know. You can vote twice if you have 2 tow cars

Reactions: dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
good idea @Bluey interesting to see what people drive (and why.....?)
I think there are a fare few BT50's / Rangers, as well as a few Jheeps

forgot to add
SWMBO drives a 2005 Landcruiser Kakadu (4.7L V8 5speed Auto constant 4wd)
I have a 1999 GU Patrol (4.2 Turbo intercooled gas injected 5 speed manual diesel)

Last edited:
Reactions: dagree and Bluey

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
poor @Bluey
got the same problem with diesel / petrol Landcruiser - 60series / 75 series / 76 series / 80 series / 100 series / 200 series
Patrol petrol / diesel - 2.8 diesel / 3.0 diesel / 4.2 petty / 4.2 diesel / 4.5 petty / 4.8 petty
Jheep Cherokee / Grand Cherokee / Rubicon / Compass / etc

I think the Amarock is the only one with same motor in all variants.............?????

I think I know what you were after mate - just a general run down of types of tow vehicles to see what is popular and user friendly

if people want to specify specification levels, maybe just post up what it is -

Reactions: Bluey

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
What about the Mitsubishi Challenger..
yeah, alot of Pajero owners ask the same question................:biggrin-26::behindsofa:

What did you say you drive BigCol??

as the Challenger is a Triton wagon (everywhere else but Aust) with the same running gear, it is a very capable vehicle
you will find (as I have had) that a lot of people dismiss it as not good enough, when the are very very wrong
my mate is a "died in the wool Bitzamissing fan" he has tried to explain to me the errors of my wayward car purchases.............

and I was having a joke........

mccrlc

Aug 19, 2012
Tasmania
as the Challenger is a Triton wagon (everywhere else but Aust) with the same running gear, it is a very capable vehicle
you will find (as I have had) that a lot of people dismiss it as not good enough, when the are very very wrong
my mate is a "died in the wool Bitzamissing fan" he has tried to explain to me the errors of my wayward car purchases.............

and I was having a joke........

Happy for the joke BigCol and expected exactly that when I posted.
A lot of people dismiss the Challenger but value for money and it's capabilities I find it hard to justify the Toyota I might like one day.

Cheers