Tone's 17.56-2 mods

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Had some spare time so I got to a couple more things. First was some fans for the fridge hopefully will help up on the Murry in a couple of weeks with hight 30s the norm. The fridge worked fine in Ballsrat for 3 days of 36deg just thought would be more efficient. Two fans wired in series so run at half speed to make them very quiet. It's just wired onto a switch but going to experiment with a thermostat.

Second one was a light for the BBQ and double as a porch light outside the annex, it's just wired into the existing outside light.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 504
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 525

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Couple of quicky's, a sensor light for shower/toilet and one for Megan's bed.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 414
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 442
Reactions: dagree

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Been deliberating this one for a while but finally did, put a Redarc bcdc 1225 running through an Anderson plug from the car battery. Used 6b&s cable right through. Also connected the fridge direct from the house battery via a relay so when the bcdc is charging the fridge is on. Now getting 13.8v ish at the fridge instead of 10.4v. Seem to work very well so far. With fridge on battery is still getting 12A of charge.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 361

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Been contemplating doing this for a while wondering wether it was needed but got sick of the anti flaps and center awning bar. Made it out of the same 150mm tube as the bought ones but I put screw on ends so they are waterproof, also put locks in to keep them from coming unscrewed by themselves or others.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 452

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
I thought I would put an update on my shower mod, as great as it is we had some problems with it. The rear boot was wet when we got back from Euston after rain and after giving the van a really good wash I wasn't sure where it was getting in, did a lot of checking and assumed it got in from the pressure washer some where or from a plumbing leak on the internal shower on the pressure side. I put a pressure gage on the drawbar tap and pressured the system and didn't really drop over 5 days, I thought it was coming from the push on fittings on the back of the external shower so I had paper towel around the fittings as well. No leaks anywhere.
When we went to Ballarat for the service at the caravan park I was sitting having a bevy and noticed there was water dripping from the back of the caravan, I unscrewed the external shower and when the wall tap handle was on it was leaking past the o-ring dripping behind the wall plate and back inside and down the wall and also when the tap handle was removed the little bit of water would drain back in as well. I ended up puling off the wall plate off the main tap housing and found that there wasn't a seal between the two, out with the sicka and seal between the two pieces and also fill the back up as well, no more leaks finally. The leak was doing my head in.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I thought I would put an update on my shower mod, as great as it is we had some problems with it. The rear boot was wet when we got back from Euston after rain and after giving the van a really good wash I wasn't sure where it was getting in, did a lot of checking and assumed it got in from the pressure washer some where or from a plumbing leak on the internal shower on the pressure side. I put a pressure gage on the drawbar tap and pressured the system and didn't really drop over 5 days, I thought it was coming from the push on fittings on the back of the external shower so I had paper towel around the fittings as well. No leaks anywhere.
When we went to Ballarat for the service at the caravan park I was sitting having a bevy and noticed there was water dripping from the back of the caravan, I unscrewed the external shower and when the wall tap handle was on it was leaking past the o-ring dripping behind the wall plate and back inside and down the wall and also when the tap handle was removed the little bit of water would drain back in as well. I ended up puling off the wall plate off the main tap housing and found that there wasn't a seal between the two, out with the sicka and seal between the two pieces and also fill the back up as well, no more leaks finally. The leak was doing my head in.

Well done!

Isn't it great to find a solution to an annoying niggle?

Reactions: Tone

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
View attachment 39475 Another safety mod. Non slip step. Was walking through Bunnings hiding from the wife, looking for something else and saw sticky step coverings like course sandpaper.
I picked up the same stuff yesterday but haven't put it on yet. The steps are pretty narrow aren't they and it should make it a lot safer.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I picked up the same stuff yesterday but haven't put it on yet. The steps are pretty narrow aren't they and it should make it a lot safer.
... and treacherous in the wet. Having the shademesh type flooring and the uncovered gal step in wet conditions, you almost need a crash helmet and body armour to get in and out of the van

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Got this one off my dad, he did it to his van and it worked really well. The stupid door blind is pretty useless might as well not have a window there. I did this before the GF long weeken. The new blind is just one off spotlight and is SO much better.

@Tone

That's looks like a great idea with that blind you have attached to the main door. Do you know the sizes of the blind by any chance? Also how did you attached the blind mount onto the door, maybe nutsirts or tec screws?

Cheers

Skip

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
@Tone

That's looks like a great idea with that blind you have attached to the main door. Do you know the sizes of the blind by any chance? Also how did you attached the blind mount onto the door, maybe nutsirts or tec screws?

Cheers

Skip
The blind is just a universal one from Spotlight and cut down to size length and width and screwed on with self tappers, the corners of the door is plastic, to my surprise. The other thing that I didn't mention in the pic is a long handle on the door so you can close the door while inside, that is great too. How many time do you close the door standing inside by pulling on the curtain? All the time?

Reactions: skippy

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
I've been puddling in the workshop for the last week in my spare time making a fire drum/BBQ/spit. I had the Keg for 12 years and decided we needed a fire for camping. The whole lot made from Stainless. The legs took some thinking but the grill took the most fiddling around. Very happy with the end result and the wife's happy. Got the battery powered spit from the big green shed for $37.

image.jpeg

The legs come off and everything fits inside and carry like a suitcase. Now just need to try it out.

michelle menzel

May 21, 2014
Nhill
After our trip away we decided an external hot tap to fill bucket for washing BBQ, kids and also cold to fill toilet flush tank. The one on the drawbar is a pain under the bed.
I found this and works a treat. Plug hose in with the tap handle with hose and small shower head and you have hot and cold shower. Store the hose in toilet hatch.
Hi, the ebay link has expired for this, what would l enter to find one? Great mod!