TO SELL 20/63-1 OR NOT TO

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Hi every one we have a 20/63-1 6mths old thinking off buying a house do we sell van or not help we love the van but cant have both what should we do ? Just need every ones thought wife say we will miss it kids will miss it more then all of us please help

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
Hmmmm!
Van - House, Van - House, Van - House, Van - House,

Van Wins!:)

No not really, If your young with kids it's probably a no brainer which comes first!

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Only you know all of the facts to make that choice. What about a cheaper van and the house? Sometimes you can't always have the best...

Just my 2c worth

Reactions: jacbaz

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I agree with @crackacoldie 's wise words of wisdom. But you will have to make that tough decision for yourself. You know all us forumites are great at spending your money!

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
I agree with @crackacoldie 's wise words of wisdom. But you will have to make that tough decision for yourself. You know all us forumites are great at spending your money!
Yeah but it is hard to sell something you love so much but it is a great deposit on a house for the family wife not keen on it going but i guess it comes down to what the panda is wearth at the end off the day

Reactions: 17triton

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Yeah but it is hard to sell something you love so much but it is a great deposit on a house for the family wife not keen on it going but i guess it comes down to what the panda is wearth at the end off the day
So there are a million ways of getting what you want. Go and see a financial adviser and tell them what you want to achieve. It may end up that you still have to make a choice but if anyone can work through your options, they can.
Ask your friends if they use one. Recommendations are best. I bet you would find a few people on this forum who use an advisor.

Reactions: brotys

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Brotys you can always buy another van later, maybe a cheaper one. We love our van but a house is important too..good luck.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
very hard choice to make, I understand
I wanted a Brand New Car in 1992 - got a house instead.

your options are what you and your good Lady make - it is for your future

have you had the hard discussion about - do we buy or do we rent? if that one is done and dusted - then your future decisions are a little easier

as has been said, speak to a Financial Adviser about where you want to be in 5, 10, 15 years time and they should come up with a plan.

just thinking out loud................

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Like above trade down to something smaller and cheaper for a few years then see how the finances are..not easy.
Maybe hire for a couple of years?
Yeah hire not for us cost to much maybe down size it will all depends what we can get for our 20/63-1