QLD time to head north west

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
finally heading out to muttuburra, going to repair a family grave, depending on the current weather we will leave the end of next week, just before the borders open (maybe)! this will be the first time the missus will be out of lock down since April as she is high risk, so we are going to the middle of nowhere for a few weeks, out of the way but plenty to do if you are not expecting surfers paradise, fishing, yabbies, sand golf, dinosoaurs, thermal spa ,museums, powered site works out $6 per night if you stay 5 nights, plenty of sand and big skies. black top all the way from brisvagas

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Have a good run out there, hopefully this crappy weather will be gone by then................... don't forget the pics...

Reactions: poor but proud

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
just did a fuel price check using PETROL SPY. diesel on the western run is, in most cases cheaper than the big smoke, pays to know in advance some towns up some way down. good to check the fuel depot prices and not rely on the main drag servos

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Toowoomba had near 1.20 for oil but out of town 1.09, 1.15 in the sticks so far...mate out that Windorah says its bluddy hot as, eh.

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Was out there a few weeks back doing some volunteer repair work at the old church. Great little town
did you finish project ? as i am able to stay a little longer for a reason, i actually also have ties to Aramac, it turns out my family and my wifes family crossed paths between 1860 and 1904 in both towns, and again in the 1940s, the Littles, the Bookers the Roberts the Ah Quees the Ridells and others still in both towns, its sad to see towns like these dying, the only hope they have is to attract new blood, not any easy task when the young ones want to see the bright lights

Reactions: chartrock

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I like Aramac, would really like to see the old Rail Museum and Rail motor get going again, they have a really nice little campground....... its sad to see it dying.