This seems to be a good price for replacement type towing mirrors

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Come across them before, sadly no Grands listed so saved my money.......... certainly a more realistic price.

Reactions: jazzeddie1234

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Be warned re some of these mirrors as I was pulled over by a cop in Ayr re width of my Melanco mirrors on the JGC when not towing and and he said they should be removed or fines can and are being issued.Also he stated that some mirrors are even too wide when attached and towing a van .I think Clearview had to make their new series narrower to comply with ADR regs.I must admit Landcruisers not towing and with old Clearviews out are a problem ! Will read the ADR when better internet.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep, one can be fined for having towing mirrors mounted with no van, can't recall the distance from car that's allowed...with my truck jobs I just slide the mirror section out.....

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
Wow, I just checked the ADR for NA class.

4.2. At least one such mirror shall be affixed to each side of the vehicle and may project 150 mm beyond the point of ‘Overall Width’ of the vehicle or the ‘Overall Width’ of any trailer it may be drawing-

4.3. The mirrors may project 230 mm on each side beyond the point of ‘Overall Width’ of the vehicle provided that the mirror is capable of collapsing to 150 mm.

A few other forums are quoting 250mm as the standard but that is for a different class

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
You must remember that "Overall width" is the width to the outer edge of the OE mirrors on tug............ I'm always amazed at these large vans and they have what looks like a vanity mirror hanging off their mirrors, may comply with the regs in regard to towing mirrors but damned if you could see anything....