The wait is killing me......

Janbo

Feb 19, 2014
Adelaide
Our van is due to arrive at the dealers some time next week..... this last week is certainly the hardest...so close yet......

Reactions: CrazyMOBB

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I can vouch that the wait is worth it, but it did seem like forever until we picked ours up last Friday.

Now the wait is for the next time we get to use it :)

Reactions: CrazyMOBB

Janbo

Feb 19, 2014
Adelaide
Thanks guys, they said it will arrive some time next week, I was hoping to go away first Saturday in June but looks like that may get pushed out to the long weekend.

Been waiting since February but as I said this last week is proving to be very hard, each day seems like a week.

When we ordered our Eagle it came a few weeks early and I was hoping for the same here....

I have read almost every post in every forum! It has helped!!

Stephen Galvin

May 20, 2014
Warnbro WA
Our Shake down Trip looks to be a Beauty, I ll drive over with the dog pick up the van go over all the boring stuff with the dealer( Thats what the wife and kids reckon) Then pick them up in Adelaide Its only $600 for all of them to fly one way and i would rather do it this way for my sanity! as a long hard drive listening to "are we there yet" from 1hr after we have left is not an option!:) So I am after places to visit on the way back through SA West of Adelaide will be July school hols. And also after reading the posts better make sure everything works as it should. I do find some of the reading a little distressing especially regarding plumbing and electrical. How is Warranty in regards to nationwide as I purchased mine east coast but live in WA? I know should have thought of all that first but a deals a deal :)

Not sure I can wait a month I may drive over pick it up and drive back for school hols here :)

Reactions: dagree

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Mate it's a Jayco so if don't have issues it ain't a Jayco. Saying that few will be issues a handy guy can't sort out. with regard to other dealers warranting vans, they have too but have read the odd post were there's reluctance, and have struck that myself. What you need to do is find a non dealer warranty repairer, and there's lots. Generally will be better anyhow, because van servicing is all they do.

Reactions: Stephen Galvin

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Our Shake down Trip looks to be a Beauty, I ll drive over with the dog pick up the van go over all the boring stuff with the dealer( Thats what the wife and kids reckon) Then pick them up in Adelaide Its only $600 for all of them to fly one way and i would rather do it this way for my sanity! as a long hard drive listening to "are we there yet" from 1hr after we have left is not an option!:) So I am after places to visit on the way back through SA West of Adelaide will be July school hols. And also after reading the posts better make sure everything works as it should. I do find some of the reading a little distressing especially regarding plumbing and electrical. How is Warranty in regards to nationwide as I purchased mine east coast but live in WA? I know should have thought of all that first but a deals a deal :)

Not sure I can wait a month I may drive over pick it up and drive back for school hols here :)

Hi @Stephen Galvin
I bought my van interstate and my advise to you is to allow yourself an extra day close to the dealer AFTER delivery. When I picked mine up it was all good (I thought) Luckily I planned to spend the night in the van close to the dealer before driving 1000km back home. That night I found 4 warranty issues. I rang the dealer and next day took the van back to them and they were great. Fixed the 4 issues straight away. Took all day but they knew my situation and helped me out. It was only later I realised that if I brought the van home it would have been months before I could book it in at the local repairers.
If I was to buy another van away from home I would do the same gain, and also let them know that if you find any little niggles you would like them to have a look. I'm sure they will accomodate you!

After saying all of that, I think Jayco are a great van with excellent warranty backup nationwide. My issues were only minor, as I'm sure yours will be.

Good luck!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
@Stephen Galvin
During our handover we were given warranty details and a list of local (WA Metro) Service and Warranty Agents (Apparently Caravanland don't do any workshop work???).

The form also has an Australia wide 1300 number to call and they will put you onto the nearest agent.
If you want a list of the local agents let me know and I will get it to you. Just hope you don't need them except for maybe a service!!

The salesman that did our handover actually recommended to have the 12 month service done slightly early by one of the agents and get them to do an end of warranty inspection..... He said they will do a good inspection because if anything, even minor, is found they get paid by Jayco HQ to fix it!

Stephen Galvin

May 20, 2014
Warnbro WA
Thanks mate thats good advice. Your van looks awesome by the way and I love the tables under the beds. How is the box going on the front is it all done? i may need to get that list please or just the ones you recommend as maybe the NSW guy wont have it but no hurry as I wont be picking it up until July its killing me already:)

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Thanks @Stephen Galvin
Tables under the beds just one of many ideas from here... Unfortunately due to that 4 lettered word "WORK" haven't had time to get the box and other bits fitted yet :( Got four days off over the long weekend so if not done by then it will get done then!!!!

Hopefully you won't "need" the list but is handy to have. Want me to scan and send or just post company names and suburbs on here?

Wait wouldn't be nearly as bad as ordering one and waiting and at least it gets a good work out straight after delivery :)

Stephen Galvin

May 20, 2014
Warnbro WA
Not sure mate best place for the list forum maybe a good start under anew thread?

@Janbo Sorry mate didnt realize the thread had changed somehow forums get so confusing sometimes. Normally subject matters always turn into completely different topics?

Cant wait to see your new rig as well :)

Reactions: dagree