The van is coming...what else do I need???

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
So I have a list of essentials that you must have to successfully get away:(updating the list as I go)
Car
towing mirrors
some spare tools, spanners etc

Caravan
Insurance
leveler (phone app)
Electrical lead
Hose from tap to water outlet (food grade).
sullage hose
Wheel chocks

Beer
Food
More Beer
Utensils
Linen
Pillows

So what else do I need to buy before we pick up the van and head off to the closest caravan park for the christening....oh wife and kids, best not leave them behind

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
spirits.

for when the beer runs out.

not essentials, but;
tent pegs and rope to tie down awning if so preferred
table/chairs for outside
family games
laptop with 3g connection so you can keep working all night (or is that just me?)
bbq
clothes line or rail or similar

don't forget the beer

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
Thanks all....water, electricity and sullage are the key items that I needed to know and the main items that I dont have with the camper trailer...alcohol can fix the rest

Feb 1, 2012
As I await the arrival of my Expanda, where the bloody hell is it.....lol I have been trying to work out practical storage methods to save space. Yesterday I got hold of a flat out hose and reel as well as a couple of additional reels for my electrical cords.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Cable ties, Gaffa Tape, WD 40 / RP 7 / CRC, screw drivers, socket set, set of T-Bar Allen Keys, hammer, tent pegs, ramps to level van and maybe if the ground is soft, a block to put under the jockey wheel.

Oh, I forgot the 12 cartons of beer for the boys and the bottle of sherry for the ladies.:mullet:

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Actually I do take 12 cartons with me at our 3 week Chrissy camp....you can always bring them back home if you don't consume but that's rare! :D