16' Series The Run around

Petenlou

Mar 10, 2014
Heyfield
Gee Jayco is taking its time we ordered our new Expanda in Oct last year the dealer told us be ready in Feb now been told 25 March it will be released from Jayco then 48 hrs after that be at dealership then have ti get Annexe made and thats a 10 day turn around picking up 15 April..... Has anyone had the same running around from Jayco

Petenlou

Mar 10, 2014
Heyfield
That's what I thought if I knew it was going to take this long I would have bought a 2013 model.... I watched a video on the construction of the expanders and they roll 1 out ever 14 minutes

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
That's what I thought if I knew it was going to take this long I would have bought a 2013 model.... I watched a video on the construction of the expanders and they roll 1 out ever 14 minutes
I think it's the factory rolling a van out every 14 minutes not the expanda line, they do a few different models on that line, (they didn't move real fast when i was there for a tour last year) but saying that it is a LONG wait, even if you take off their month of holidays over xmas, we struggle to get parts between Dec and Feb because of the break. Start of year is always busy as everyone wants the new model as well.

Hang in there ... there is light at the end of the tunnel

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
We ordered our 2013 16.59-3 OB in October, and were collecting on 7 Dec 2013. They stuffed up the layout and had to build us a new one. It was ordered the same day and we collected our 2014 model on 22 Feb.
They can turn them over pretty quickly when the pressure is on.
Maybe you need to turn up the heat and see what else they can do for you to compensate.
If it's in the run it's not like they can skip it ahead in the queue.
Everyone at the dealership said it was a very quick re-do.

Reactions: Dean81

Ben Stanford

Feb 23, 2014
Sunbury, Vic
I ordered my 17 56 1 on 31st of October last year, also a 2014 model, but we got ours on the 17th of February. However I would have preferred to still be waiting with the few issues we have had. We got the 150 litre Dometic fridge, and while not Jayco's fault, the van has to go back to the factory as no-one knows how to remove the fridge from the cabinetry to fix/replace it. So now I ring the Factory tomorrow! Apparently the main chiller unit is blown, we haven't even had a chance to use it!

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
getting it out of the cupboard is easy ..... getting it out of the van is when the fun starts, my guess is 4 blokes and a window screen removed to do this, not a 2 minute job :(

S&k

Jan 27, 2014
Cairns
Did you order a standard style van or was there lots of custom extras? I ordered ours in January with nealy everything different that could be. I'm not receiving it until may due to work commitment but was told we could get it in April.

Greeeny

Oct 5, 2013
Cheltenham, Vic
We ordered ours in Oct last year told them we really weren't in a hurry, then we got a call it's going to be ready 6th Jan this year, I thought it was quite quick.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
getting it out of the cupboard is easy ..... getting it out of the van is when the fun starts, my guess is 4 blokes and a window screen removed to do this, not a 2 minute job :(

Wouldn't they just take it out the bed end?

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
I ordered my 17 56 1 on 31st of October last year, also a 2014 model, but we got ours on the 17th of February. However I would have preferred to still be waiting with the few issues we have had. We got the 150 litre Dometic fridge, and while not Jayco's fault, the van has to go back to the factory as no-one knows how to remove the fridge from the cabinetry to fix/replace it. So now I ring the Factory tomorrow! Apparently the main chiller unit is blown, we haven't even had a chance to use it!
We have a similar issue with our Herron split system. Had to take it to the repairer as a bolt had loosened so was rattling extremely badly. They had one look at it and said there is no way to remove the compressor from that cupboard. Jayco did not leave enough room to even service it. Thankfully they found a way around it but am not looking forward to when something major does go wrong. To be honest, I should call Jayco and see what they will do about it, as if it is an issue later, I don't care how old the van is at the time, I will be getting them to do it at their cost as they did not install correctly in the first place.

BJ

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
Wouldn't they just take it out the bed end?
did that once with a 90 litre fridge and a brick shithouse built rugby player assistant ....... never again, it was so hard to do it without scratching anything, now i either take them out the door (if they fit) or cut a window screen ...... everybody should buy a work n play or basestation to make my job easier ..

Reactions: jvp and davemc

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Why cant they fix the appliance. Its only made of fridge bits;). I fix appliances, I never have to remove them to fix them, they are already installed.

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
Why cant they fix the appliance. Its only made of fridge bits;). I fix appliances, I never have to remove them to fix them, they are already installed.
we don't carry the flame on stock ......... :flame: