Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Like the colour. :D
DSC_3349.jpg

VDJ200R

Jan 19, 2014
Perth
This was taken from carscoops

The new Nissan Navara will be offered with improved versions of the 2.5-liter 4-cylinder diesel engine and 2.5-liter 4-cylinder gasoline engine. The former is available is two states of tune, 161hp and 188hp, with a maximum torque of 403Nm (297 lb-ft) and 450Nm (332 lb-ft), respectively.

According to Nissan, fuel economy has been improved as much as 11 percent over the previous model. Transmission options include a seven-speed automatic and a six-speed manual.

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
As far as we know the YD25 wont be in the new Nav, it is suppose to be a Cummins T/D 2.8 litre as used in the Foton ute.

The Foton isnt really powerful in its application but rumours say it should be between 4500 and 500 nm with a ZF 8 speed auto.

Cant wait until this comes out. Bye Bye R51. Im getting one :)

They styling looks awesome, especially compared to the BT... Nissan should go well provided they make it powerfull and have at least 3 tonne tow capacity. 3.5 would be good, but in reality anything over 3 tonne on any dual cab is crazy anyway. Tail wagging the dog comes to mind.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
As far as we know the YD25in the it wont be in the new Nav, it is suppose to be a Cummins T/D 2.8 litre as used in the Foton ute.

The Foton isnt really powerful in its application but rumours say it should be between 4500 and 500 nm with a ZF 8 speed auto.

Cant wait until this comes out. Bye Bye R51. Im getting one :)

They styling looks awesome, especially compared to the BT... Nissan should go well provided they make it powerfull and have at least 3 tonne tow capacity. 3.5 would be good, but in reality anything over 3 tonne on any dual cab is crazy anyway. Tail wagging the dog comes to mind.
You cant do a post go with bagging out the BT AGAIN I see :blah:. You must love talking about them :)
My BT has never wagged its tail either
As mentioned before should we all drive around in cars that look the same :boom:

We could mention the Nissan Juke or Puke as I like to call it :o

Anyway I dont mind the look of the new Navara and it will be interesting to see one in the flesh, if it doesnt scrap its side steps coming off the ship :D

Reactions: skippy

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
The ad looks like Holdens evolution ute ad from years ago. I think it looks like a BT50 with a Dmax tub;). Because it looks like a BT50 it will do well:):cat:

Reactions: cruza driver

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
You cant do a post go with bagging out the BT AGAIN I see :blah:. You must love talking about them :)
My BT has never wagged its tail either
As mentioned before should we all drive around in cars that look the same :boom:

We could mention the Nissan Juke or Puke as I like to call it :o

Anyway I dont mind the look of the new Navara and it will be interesting to see one in the flesh, if it doesnt scrap its side steps coming off the ship :D

With the tail wagging the dog, as u tow a 16 foot like mine it isnt an issue. If you put a 3.5 tonne van on the back of you ute, it would struggle, like it would on any vehicle that weighs around 2 tonne. My point was that a 3.5 tonne tow capacity is just a number to make the glossy look good. If you are towing a van that big you need a big car. Simple.

BTW a bit touchy on the BT are we. Looks like you cant take a joke... or a Juke :D:D

You seem to think i will get upset if you bag the Juke. The difference is, I dont care if you bag the Juke. It makes me money :car:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
No not touchy but maybe I should have guessed you would make mention of the BT again in a dual cab thread?

The bit I dont understand is why you would put down someones purchase decision........its called choice isnt it?

gspy4u

Apr 27, 2012
Ipswich
looks to me like it was designed in India, must have used the TATA developers or something. They are making these off roaders more softer than ever. And why stick small cc engines with big boosts to get the power on and give them high towing capacity. One way to kill the engines or transmission quickly. Not as ugly as the new pootrols but not far off.

Reactions: cruza driver