Journey The Journey is Home.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Love it.
Thanks for the pics. I am tossing up the same thing but I will widen our opening as there is 60mm of wasted space and as the pantry in the 14.44 is narrow to start with 60mm is significant. That means I need a new door to cover the wider opening and until I can get a factory replacement in the size I need it will stay as a concept for now.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Clever cookie CR, looks great, got to see if we can modify ours to make 3 racks as there is a useless small cupboard underneath, stuffed if I know why they did it the way it is.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Top stuff Paul on the pantry, that's how it should of came out of the factory. Was there much to the installation?

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Thanks folks, Mrs CR is quite happy with the outcome. A few obstacles to over come. As I said, I could only mount the slides on the stove side due to the power points on the other side and I had to remove a timber strip holding the metal plate to latch the cupboard door to increase the opening by around 15mm which just allowed the unit to fit through. I am still trying to find some kind of latch to lock it closed, currently have a spring latch which barely holds it closed so will probably just wedge it closed while travelling. Also the wheel arch protrudes into the lower area, hence only two shelves as a third would not go in.
With a bit of thought, Jayco could have fitted one of these as standard.

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Thanks folks, Mrs CR is quite happy with the outcome. A few obstacles to over come. As I said, I could only mount the slides on the stove side due to the power points on the other side and I had to remove a timber strip holding the metal plate to latch the cupboard door to increase the opening by around 15mm which just allowed the unit to fit through. I am still trying to find some kind of latch to lock it closed, currently have a spring latch which barely holds it closed so will probably just wedge it closed while travelling. Also the wheel arch protrudes into the lower area, hence only two shelves as a third would not go in.
With a bit of thought, Jayco could have fitted one of these as standard.
Great job Paul - must do something similar when I get the chance. Have been too busy lately - continued house renos - rebuilding laundry - floor eaten out by termites. One employee on holidays. Plus contemplating building a granny flat on a section of our property for some income when I retire next year.
Bill

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Finished a couple more mods yesterday. Fitted shelves to the wardrobe and managed to hinge the top and bottom fixed panels to allow better access to the top and bottom shelf
DSC_9146.JPG DSC_9148.JPG DSC_9147.JPG
Also managed to install my 1200W modified sine wave inverter under the seat and a black power point and switch as I don't want to leave it on when not in use. I used an 80 amp circuit breaker as a switch and inserted an LED into the power point to show when it is on.
DSC_9145.JPG DSC_9144.JPG You can just see the LED in the top right corner of the GPO.
It will mainly be used for our coffee and frother. :D

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Finished a couple more mods yesterday. Fitted shelves to the wardrobe and managed to hinge the top and bottom fixed panels to allow better access to the top and bottom shelf
View attachment 34379 View attachment 34380 View attachment 34381
Also managed to install my 1200W modified sine wave inverter under the seat and a black power point and switch as I don't want to leave it on when not in use. I used an 80 amp circuit breaker as a switch and inserted an LED into the power point to show when it is on.
View attachment 34382 View attachment 34383 You can just see the LED in the top right corner of the GPO.
Looks like youve got your priorities right...

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
View attachment 34379 View attachment 34380 View attachment 34381
View attachment 34382 View attachment 34383 You can just see the LED in the top right corner of the GPO.

Be careful of those fuse boxes with the frother don't wont to overload it now 8-)....

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Well, we now have a cutlery drawer in our existing drawer. I found the drawer supplied, one of two, is too deep to be used for knives forks and spoons, too much space wasted. So I purchased a set of side panels and runners (the same brand as used by Jayco) and made a drawer to fit inside the existing drawer giving me a two tiered setup.
DSC_9151.JPGThe drawer after Mrs CR gave it a couple of coats of paint
DSC_9152.JPG The second runner mounted above the existing.
DSC_9155.JPG The inner drawer fitted in the existing drawer.
DSC_9157.JPG The inner drawer pushed in exposing the gear under it in the existing drawer.
I also swapped the drain in the sink for a 20 mm shallower one to increase the clearance above the drawer. This was a drain for a Smev sink and required enlarging the hole in the stainless steel by 5 mm. But it meant I could raise the height (increase the depth) of the drawer.
DSC_9154.JPG Mrs CR happy with the result so I am too. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Last mod for a while, fitted a stone guard. Ordered a D-flector shield on Friday night from Rvpartsexpress, the unit was delivered on Tuesday after lunch. Excellent service from them. It is now fitted and the van is ready for a trip next week out to Lightning Ridge for a week. Will probably do a loop of a couple of days each way, out through St George and Hebel and back through Walgett and Moree. Looking forward to it.

Also managed to get my reversing camera working on the BT50 with a lot of help from Safety Dave. Good people down there, many thanks to Mark. :clap2::clap2:

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Good work @chartrock - good to see you are keeping busy - haven't been on for a while - not much happening with our van - used the Optitec mover two days ago to park the van - diesel heater to be fitted - but van will probably go to Forster later in the year for son and his family to use on a block of land while they build a shed then house - relocating from Griffith for start of term 4.
In the meantime I am counting down the days to exiting the practice - can't wait!
See you next year........
Bill

Last edited:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Last mod for a while, fitted a stone guard. Ordered a D-flector shield on Friday night from Rvpartsexpress, the unit was delivered on Tuesday after lunch. Excellent service from them. It is now fitted and the van is ready for a trip next week out to Lightning Ridge for a week. Will probably do a loop of a couple of days each way, out through St George and Hebel and back through Walgett and Moree. Looking forward to it.

Also managed to get my reversing camera working on the BT50 with a lot of help from Safety Dave. Good people down there, many thanks to Mark. :clap2::clap2:

@chartrock Mark at safety Dave would have to be one of the most helpful guys you'll ever deal with! I had an issue leaving Khancobin once on a Sunday and thought I ll just ring and leave a message, he bloody took the call advised on the solution and sent the part off so i had it on my return from hols?!?