17' Series Sola pannels

23chris

Sep 20, 2015
penrith
hello all,

looking at putting sola on my 17.56-2 OB

just tossing up at going 1 all 2 150 watt panels
I have a 120Ah battery
and load is just the normal Led lights, water pump, tv, charging phones and ipads
I do most free camping also have a DC-DC charger installed

what would you do both panels all just the one?

cheers

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Depends on how much you use the TV and how much sun.
I have 200 a/h of battery and 200w of solar it lasted 4 days of running all that and a 40lt Engel on -16 Freezer
the last two days were overcast and then i needed to get the gennie out.
The car was not hooked up and running at any time during this.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@NoWorries has the good oil. Ive seen a few solar calculators on the GoogleWeb where you can enter all your draw, and the area you intend to use it.

We have 2 x 120ah batteries and 1 x 150w panel. With the continuous sun we've been having we cant put a dent in our supply ... although we just picked up a 2.5kW inverter, so that may change

Reactions: dagree

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
OH it will if someone forgets to unplug it or switch it off at nights when finished with it :doh: "Hey Mrs Dagree?" ;)
Ha. I suppose its more likely whens it installed under the couch, out if sight.

The 400w one we use now sits in plain view on the bench.

I plan to install a @mfexpanda inspire inverter setup, but lack the required tools, on the road trip. I only collected the inverter today, but will probably rip out one of the 2 under couch CMS GPOs and wire the inverter directly to a replacement std GPO.

The other option was to mount it in the front boot for now and use a longer lead to plug the van into it from the open hatch. Problem with that is ill need much longer batter leads than it came with.

Reactions: Base23 and dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Ha. I suppose its more likely whens it installed under the couch, out if sight.

Might have to relocate my switch on top of the dinette table so she remembers... or at least sees it ;)
Depending where you are pop back to Perth for a day :D and can help with tools and cable

Reactions: Crusty181