Soaring's Ford Ranger Wildtrack.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
The new new beast arrived yesterday!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

As some of you know I'm lucky enough to get a Ford company car every 5-6 months. I normally have a Territory Titanium Diesel AWD to tow the 17.56-2OB. It tows really well with fantastic fuel consumption, but for our upcoming 3 month Half Lap I decided to go with a Ranger so we get off the beaten track a little more.
I figured white matches the van best and will be cooler.
Because this is a company car, I can't do any mods, and have limited accessories, so I went with the Wildtrack becsuse it has the lockable roller tub cover. It does take up some space, but beggars can't be choosers!
image.jpg

There's a term we use in the industry, "Surprise and Delight". It for things that a new owner discovers about there car that they didn't previously know about.
You would think that because I was involved in the design and build of these that I would know about all its features, but apparently not!
The heated seat were a welcome surprise to me on the way to netball this morning!

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
I know the Tubs on these are far from dust sealed, in fact at the sides of the tailgate you can almost see right through the gap.
Clark rubber to the rescue!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Strategic application of a combination of these two self adhesive seals should do the trick.
image.jpg

Almost looks like a factory fit if I do say so myself.
I should get a job there.....:D

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Very very flash @Soaring it will sure standout in the outback of Australia.

I actually spotted 2 brand spanking new Wildtracks on the back of a truck yesterday.
Was yours one of them?

It was near Dandenong.

Reactions: Soaring

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
I actually spotted 2 brand spanking new Wildtracks on the back of a truck yesterday.
Was yours one of them?.
No, ours tend to sit around out the back of the factory for a while before they do the pre delivery.
Good news is they seem to have overcome some of the capacity constraints that cause very long waits for delivery.

Reactions: cruza driver

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Can anyone with a Ranger show me where they have mounted their brake controller? I have a prodigy 3 and trying to find the best position.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
@AJV. Welcome to the forum!
The Chilli Orange is the pick of the colours of you ask me. And if you have a pre 2014 Jayco it matches the orange stripe nicely.
I was tossing up between the Chilli and the White.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I can't remember exactly, but at the same time I bought a 1500 wide 1m length of 6mm insertion rubber for $145. The total was $165 So $20 bought the 1m of rubber deal and 2m of foam strip.
Thanks mate, I might have a look and see what I can do with the Triton tailgate.