17' Series Sleeping bags or Doonas?

carpanda

Jul 15, 2014
Sydney, NSW
Does anyone know if the mattresses in expandas are standard size to take fitted sheets. Seems there are a couple of different sizes of mattresses. We're eagerly awaiting the delivery of our 16.49.4 in 17 sleeps

On my 17:56-2 I use a double fitted sheet on the double mattress and queen fitted sheet on queen mattress but find it big on the queen.

Starcraft so can leave the beds made up all the time so doonas for us and twins.. Sleeping bags for bigger kids.
Fitted sheets on all. Put some Sheet grippers on for the double as a pain to keep the sheet from coming out.
Has anyone got custom made sheets?
View attachment 27796
http://www.spotlightstores.com/bed/bedroom-accessories/sheet-grippers/p/BP80240878

Didn't know u can get them thanks!!

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Did you have the heat pack at Beaufort @Colin&Sue ... could have done with it on the Friday night !!! Have made sure the heater is packed for Ocean Grove!!!

have the heat bags at home, and purchased a bag to live in the van, handy little items they are !

some warning thought , after a few years the wheat inside dries out, and if you heat the bag , and then reheat again, i guess at high temps , the wheat can smoulder and under right conditions catch fire. Our bags are new, and we heat once for 2 - 3 minutes then into bed. the issues have been with old bags that people heat , have a cup of tea then re heat , then answer the phone then reheat , go to the toilet , then reheat , brush there teeth then reheat , think you get the idea.

Dede

Mar 12, 2014
Bellarine
Dounas for us. Fitted DB sheet (tshirt material, stretches great) on both QS and DB. Hot water bottles for when free camping. Have a latex overlay on both beds and have never ever been cold (even at the snow for a week, took the electric blanket and never turned it on). Flannel sheets top and bottom in winter, Tshirt fitted sheets and douna only for summer.

Reactions: 5ofus