17' Series Sleeping bags or Doonas?

carpanda

Jul 15, 2014
Sydney, NSW
Do u use sleeping bags or doonas? On this trip we are using sleeping bags but might buy some Doonas when I get home.

Ren77

Nov 7, 2013
North Queensland
image.jpg

We have these in our van. Fitted sheet on the bottom with the snoozi on top. They are so comfortable, can get them in a range of colours to match your colour scheme and they fold up into a big cushion as well. We love them

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Doona's for us but when camping in really cold take sleeping bags as a backup. Have been in -5 and still not needed them! Warm in bed but the van was bloody cold!

BJ

Chris and Mandy

Oct 6, 2014
Melbourne
Does anyone know if the mattresses in expandas are standard size to take fitted sheets. Seems there are a couple of different sizes of mattresses. We're eagerly awaiting the delivery of our 16.49.4 in 17 sleeps

Reactions: Delano

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
They advertise them as one queen and one double @Chris and Mandy ... We have double fitted sheets on both of ours. The ones on the "queen" bed are a snug fit (With eggshell topper) and the sheets on the "double" bed are a bit loose but serviceable!

Reactions: Chris and Mandy

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Mrs Dagree swears by the heat bag... So do I when she falls asleep and I "borrow" it :p

Apparently I'm the heat bag... or that's the excuse Mrs Smerg's uses when she steals my warm part of the doona...

Doona's for us and sleeping bags for the kids. We've got fitted sheets for the big beds, and Mrs Smergs made a couple for the bunk beds as they aren't exactly standard. I think we'll probably upgrade the kids to doona's when they get a little bigger.

Reactions: carpanda and dagree