Skippy Outback 20.63-1 on order>>>

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
We did request front and rear external gas bayonets but they advised us due to new safety regulations, you can only have 1 external gas point, bummer. Even though our last van had two external gas points, they won't do it this time.
We are now also getting the extra external light, to the left of the entrance door.

Skippy

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi skippy, I have heard that a bit lately, maybe the rules have changes, ours was delivered in November 2012 with 2. Could it be a WA rule maybe? Not a big deal though, 1 is better than none. How long until delivery. You guys must be pretty excited even though you are a seasoned caravaner. Good news with the light. I tell you what I would like, is a light shining over the draw bar for those early morning or evening hookups. Could look a bit ordinary up high on the front but down low could be ok. It's one of the mods I would like to do. Not sure where to mount it yet. Would save holding the torch between my teeth. Jas

Reactions: skippy

Andrewm02

Feb 25, 2013
Bungendore
Hey skippy, we have a 20.63 with slide out on order as well. I was just looking at the pics at the start of your thread and the van has the external water connection under the slideout. This would be ok if you are hooked up to mains but if you need to fill the tanks with say a Jerry can it is going to be a PITA.

Think I might get onto this tomorrow.

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Hey skippy, we have a 20.63 with slide out on order as well. I was just looking at the pics at the start of your thread and the van has the external water connection under the slide-out. This would be ok if you are hooked up to mains but if you need to fill the tanks with say a Jerry can it is going to be a PITA.

As a side note, I was thinking about filling up the van with a jerry can and was thinking I might use one of those cheap camping shower units without the shower head. They pump out the water quick and they fit into the jerry can filler.

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Hi skippy, I have heard that a bit lately, maybe the rules have changes, ours was delivered in November 2012 with 2. Could it be a WA rule maybe? Not a big deal though, 1 is better than none. How long until delivery. You guys must be pretty excited even though you are a seasoned caravaner. Good news with the light. I tell you what I would like, is a light shining over the draw bar for those early morning or evening hookups. Could look a bit ordinary up high on the front but down low could be ok. It's one of the mods I would like to do. Not sure where to mount it yet. Would save holding the torch between my teeth. Jas

Your right Holden Man one LPG point is better than none but having two is much easer when trying to get out of the wind when trying to cook hey. O well looks like my first mod is one gas point at the rear of the van. :D
As for a light at the front of the van I just have a led on the back of the 4x4 that lights the van up. I also have given thought to running some LED strip lighting around the whole bottom of the van as well . Still considering that though.
I just had a thought you could mount a LED spot light to the front of the A frame on the inside and just point it to the top of the van Maybee. See link below for the Narva spot light I was thinking I would use>>
http://www.narva.com.au/products/browse/compact-led-2
The boys are so existed and she is due August If all goes well.

Skip

Reactions: Lara

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Hey skippy, we have a 20.63 with slide out on order as well. I was just looking at the pics at the start of your thread and the van has the external water connection under the slideout. This would be ok if you are hooked up to mains but if you need to fill the tanks with say a Jerry can it is going to be a PITA.

Is easy just get a funnel and change the fitting on the end to match the inlet pipe on the caravan. I will post some pictures up tomorrow night of what I have if ya like. Obviously you would have to side the hotel room in as well before you can transfer the water.:becky:

Skippy

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
As a side note, I was thinking about filling up the van with a jerry can and was thinking I might use one of those cheap camping shower units without the shower head. They pump out the water quick and they fit into the jerry can filler.
Good idea big man but would it be cheaper to get a bilge pump from Whtitworths. How expensive are the shower units your referring too? Is that those cheap yellow shower things that your referring too Maybe?

I have also used clear 30mm PVC pipe to syphon the water in as well and that worked ok. The only problem is that you have to have the car near buy to get the height with the water tanks so that the water can syphon into the van. This can be a real challenge sometimes.

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
go a annex and get battery fitted at factory good van we got one ordered to only 3 weeks till ours turns up hurry up