Skippy Outback 20.63-1 on order>>>

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Hello to everyone.:)

As some of you might be aware I am upgrading to a bigger van and after having a few caravans. I am pretty sure that I have got everything covered that we require.
Its was a hard decision because the 20.63-1OB is a lot heaver than the 16.49-1 so this means a change of car as well to cope with the extra load from the bigger van.
But overtime since 2010 I have seen so many mods on this forum and I am sure that I have missed something.
I have put most of the extras below that I am getting and I am hoping that someone out there can send me broke buy suggesting something I have missed out or that you think would be a good idea. See below>>

20.63-1 Outback
  • RM4601 Bigger Fridge - 184 Litres to help for those long free camping trips.
  • Provision for 2 Batteries - I already have 2 x 100amp Battery's
  • Washing Machine
  • One way valve - for shower waste water
  • Life Style Pack - Stereo with speakers inside and out. Fushion Basic system
  • Drifter control panel
  • Solar Provisions and regulator - In ready for fitting a 250 watt solar panel
  • 3 water tanks and one just for drinking water with a separate feed to the sink. Filter installed at a later date that I kept from the old van
  • TV Arial (Winegard) I mainly use satellite but the boss insisted on the Arial:doh:
  • External light on the off side of the van for those late setup after work in the dark
  • Outdoor entertainment pack - so we can enjoy all of the (AFL) Freo wins outside on the TV.:bounce:
  • Extra hatch at the back of the van under the lower bunk bed for the Webber.
  • Extra gas point at the rear of the van for the Webber.
  • External fold out table
  • Slide out lounge with the larger table
  • ESC
  • Bike rack at the rear of van *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring*
  • Have also asked for all switches to be placed off the ground due to safety hazards. With having younger kids that can turn on the gas igniter and so on, I have asked to put these switches up high in the overhead cupboard's like on the Stirling.
  • Colman Air Conditioner
See below for floor plans>>
http://www.jayco.com.au/Products/Ex..._Series/nav2_d/Floorplans_H/Models/Caravans_B

Resized640x480_D853602423304_A[1].jpg

IMG_1185.JPG
IMG_1133.JPG

OK people send me broke with all your ideas for the new hotel on wheels:biggrin-new:

Skippy

Andrewm02

Feb 25, 2013
Bungendore
Go the ibis aircon. Don't know if they will put light in off side. We are getting the same van and was told by dealer today the factory won't do it as I wanted one above the external shower.

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Hey Andrewm02

We have opted out for the Ibis aircon due to apparently the Colman works better on the aircon side of things, as we don't realy need a heater over here in WA due to mainly the hot weather.
As for the light on the off side of the van I am getting it behind the HWS/pantry. This is also on my plans and has been ok'd by Jayco

Skippy

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
G'day skippy that looks awesome mate. Just one thing with the batteries are you better to get them to supply you with 2 new batteries? That way they will be included in the weight on the stamp, otherwise you will lose 60odd kg off your payload straight away. Maybe sell your old batteries. It will be a great van.

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
O yes Triton

Thanks mate I totally forgot about the payload. But the batteries are glass mat and worth $$$$
I will look into that one tomorrow and decide.

Skippy

Tayla

Mar 9, 2013
Melbourne, Victoria
Well I am green with envy :D it looks great! I can't remember what the robe and cupboards are like in this model? We got Jayco to put shelves in ours as the hanging space was a waste of space for us.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey skippy, sounds like you have it covered mate but agree with batteries, maybe put yours on eBay......60kg to payload means less beer! :) What about annexe? even end walls come in handy at times for blocking wind, there you go, I've just added 2.5k to your budget! :)

Cheers.

Reactions: skippy and 17triton

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hey there Skippy, that's an impressive list of extras! I love to help people spend extra hard earned cash $$$, but I reckon you've got it all covered! Other than the annex or shade wall that Burnsy mentioned, I've got nothing!
I had a look in a 20.63-1 when we were sticking beaking around Narrabeen caravan Park a month or so ago, and yes, it is a hotel on wheels. The layout is 10/10, and I love the slide out, so much space.
Great idea getting the washing machine too. Wish I had one!

Reactions: skippy

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi skippy, We are really happy with the IBIS, from all reports they are quieter than the Coleman, ours worked really well on some 40 degree days in central qld at Xmas. The other thing I like on ours is the extra outside light beside the door on the side opposite the hinge. Agree with trying to get the battery included in the weight, also understand your delemma there, we always seem tight for weight. We also had no problem getting the outside light over the external shower. It's very handy. Enjoy mate, looks like a nice rig. HM

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
G'day to all
Looks good skippy but good luck with those Freo Wins :pound:

:biggrin-new: First thing - thanks to Capt. Gadget for approving the out outdoor entertainment pack and your obviously a Freo supporter too hey:bounce:Or are You?
IMG_1193.JPG

i better get onto the dealer today, I was told they won't put a light on the off side.
Andrewm02 I was thinking maybe Jayco are not going to put one there because of the shower rose. I wouldn't worry too much though, just put a led stip out on the outside like jdove. I would assume that they could relocate the light over in the overhead cupboards so that its away from the external shower. The best person to speak to about these change requests is Dan Jacobs at Jayco Victoria. See below for the led strip light that I two will be copping. Thanks jdove
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/14-44-4-led-awning-light-how-i-did-it.2004/

Well I am green with envy :D it looks great! I can't remember what the robe and cupboards are like in this model? We got Jayco to put shelves in ours as the hanging space was a waste of space for us.
Bingo Tayla the 20.63-1 has 4 shelves standard in the robe which is great when you have kids to pack for as well as yourself. Also below the robe there are 4 pull out draws too. We prefer no hanging space either due to that you can cram more clothes in this way.
IMG_0706.JPG

Hey skippy, sounds like you have it covered mate but agree with batteries, maybe put yours on eBay......60kg to payload means less beer! :) What about annexe? even end walls come in handy at times for blocking wind, there you go, I've just added 2.5k to your budget! :)
Cheers.
Burnsy I am hearing ya in regards to extra payload. Thanks to Triton for reminding me last night too about the payload as I completely missed that one.
As for a annexe we made our own the last couple of times, so looks like we're doing that one s again. I just have to keep in the good books with the boss to get that mod completed. I think the last one set us back about $400 after all the shade cloth and Velcro was bought. Stop typing for a sip of a well earned thirst>> Mmmm cold Corona :eagerness:

Looks great mate!! have you thought about simplicity suspension at all? I have had it on my 17 and have it on the Basestation and love it! a little bit of extra height too!!
Jury still out on the simplicity bigman0510 due to all of the costs adding up. I am still trying to push this from a want to a need but the extra $$ is scaring me off. Now that we do so much free camping this could make things a little easier getting to some of those remote places.
But I agree with you on the ESC though and that's a must for the price.

Hey there Skippy, that's an impressive list of extras! I love to help people spend extra hard earned cash $$$, but I reckon you've got it all covered! Other than the annex or shade wall that Burnsy mentioned, I've got nothing!
I had a look in a 20.63-1 when we were sticking beaking around Narrabeen caravan Park a month or so ago, and yes, it is a hotel on wheels. The layout is 10/10, and I love the slide out, so much space.
Great idea getting the washing machine too. Wish I had one!
Lara I am glad you haven't got much else because I am goinng broke with all of these extras. Lol hehe
As for the washing machine every time we go away with my parents we find ourselves using their washing machine. The main reason is because the clothes can get stolen when left alone and not having to travel back to town if free camping to do the washing. I never though that we would ever have gone with a washing machine and if you had of asked us on the first Expanda I would have fallen over with laughter.
The thing that sold me on the slide out is the extra room so that when its raining or baking hot outside you can comfortably get everyone in at the table for a few games of cards or a few relaxing ales while watching the footy.

Hi skippy, We are really happy with the IBIS, from all reports they are quieter than the Coleman, ours worked really well on some 40 degree days in central qld at Xmas. The other thing I like on ours is the extra outside light beside the door on the side opposite the hinge. Agree with trying to get the battery included in the weight, also understand your delemma there, we always seem tight for weight. We also had no problem getting the outside light over the external shower. It's very handy. Enjoy mate, looks like a nice rig. HM
Holden_man The ibis is great and my parents rave about theirs too but there comes a time when $$ comes involved and you know what that means. Yep you guessed it you can't have everything.
As for the extra light I was gong to run with the same sort of LED strip that jdove used, but please post a picture of the extra light you have because I originally had two light on the plans for the van and I was thinking the LED strip might be a better idea.

Thanks for all of your info everyone.

Skippy

Reactions: Tayla

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
I can't extend the draw bar because of where the van is parked up due to length restrictions. :(
Jockey wheel also has been moved ready for the WDH and that was one of the first things I changed brad.;)
I have also purchased a trailermate now as well ready for the new van to make it easer getting the WDH hitch on and of the 4X4.

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
HI Skippy,
this photo shows the extra light beside the door. They throw a good light, we don't need strip lighting. These do a good enough job.

HM

View attachment 13910
Sold I am keen for a extra light then because that sounds like the two lights might be bright enough then.

Buy the way HM is that not the cleanest Expand you have ever seen:eek-53: . That a great looking van>>

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Thanks skippy, we love the panda, reckon yours will be pretty cool as well when she arrives. One thing I did forget to mention we put gas points in front and back, and have used both spots, gives some choice of setup depending on site. I see you mention the gas points, not sure if you have 1 or 2. Enjoy HM