Site Updates

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
my phone is due for an upgrade - but - end up with more problems than what is fixed - so no updates for last 5 years (its Android)
(remember Microsoft Silverlight anyone..........................)

I have the same problems as @rags on the phone

- hence why I have been silent (away working) during the week

Reactions: Drover

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Still the green button and arrows when you move screen with finger.... not needing the use of arrows ... they all get in the way on the phone
Im so old school

Clewsy

Apr 17, 2017
Cairns
How do you search in new forum?
buggered if i can find search box, might be missing something using the phone

jeff

Mar 4, 2013
200km south of Perth
For Sale

In the for sale area you cannot post anything for sale.
It asks for a prefix and the only option is SOLD, need to add a FOR SALE option

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
For Sale

In the for sale area you cannot post anything for sale.
It asks for a prefix and the only option is SOLD, need to add a FOR SALE option

20171227_193018.png

Not seeing this list?

dirtdiggler

Sep 6, 2016
Perth
Haven't visited for a while but just trying to check out the new site. .. none of the links work on the home page for me. Site is pretty much unusable. I'm on an Android device. Anyone else have this issue, or is it just me?

dirtdiggler

Sep 6, 2016
Perth
Forum links don't work, and I can't see any top navigation, but the footer is ok.

Aside from the footer, the 'click here' link in the announcement is the only other one that works.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
All working good on my android phone and tablet Android 5, but the green pen and arrows are a pain on the phone when typing.

Reactions: bigcol and Bluey

dirtdiggler

Sep 6, 2016
Perth
I've discovered that when i access the site via the google app it works fine. When i access it using the Internet browser it stuffs up. .... all is not lost!

Maybe a compatability issue there somewhere.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Is it me !!!!!!! but I am stuck on latest media, unable to get to Forum or Home page, have to trick it to get anywhere.........................

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Standby, I will fire up the laptop and see if it's just my gear..........................................okay. false alarm must be my desk top having a hissy fit, laptop all fine......................will have a fiddle.

Red1

Sep 14, 2013
Emerald Qld
Is there a way for me to stay logged on all the time, I currently have the site saved to the home screen on the iPad but when I click on it I have to log in every time. Thanks for your help

rags

Did you see my post about your iOS version about three or so posts back?

I tested the site on an iPad running the latest iOS 11 and didn't experience any of these issues.

You seemed to be running iOS 8 I would suggest as a starting point I would be updating the iOS version.

Not even just from a website perspective but from a security perspective you are a few versions behind.

I've been meaning to post that I finally did the IOS upgrade to 9.3.5 and site appears to be working ok now although I have not tested all features. Thanks for the advice to a not so IT literate person.