Showers and Toilets

Expendable

Feb 15, 2014
Well guys we finally went and had a look today and yes its been a bit and after everyone's thoughts yes we decided to go the toilet/shower combo if we can, not sure if its just me but the combo seems bigger in the shower department from toilet up?

Either way though it will either a combo or ensuite.

Greeeny

Oct 5, 2013
Cheltenham, Vic
We have had our Expanda since Jan and are currently at Pambula Big 4 on our last stop before heading home tomorrow. The toilet and shower are fantastic. I thought my wife would be the only one to use it but the shower has been great for a quick freshen up in the humid Queensland weather. I keep hearing my wife say " I love my Jayco shower and loo", so I'm very pleased we got them. We had to make a detour on our trip following a truck crash and were stuck in a traffic jam waiting to catch a small ferry across a river for three hours . No dramas at all the wife hops in the van for a quick loo break, washes hands with warm water and proceeds to make a tasty lunch, and then I hear " I love my Jayco". I think she is happy with our 16.49-3. So to answer your question get the shower and toilet you won't regret it.:):)

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
For us we wanted the shower toilet combo in our second van, but we only wanted to go to an 18, no larger. We had to settle on an obsolete floor plan so had to buy used but the floor plan (18.57-5) suited us because it had a separate toilet and shower like the current 20's/21'. I say for us, but my wife was not interested in a combined shower toilet combo. There are some good floor plans in some older models so it pays to do your research. I would have bought a new 18.57-5 if they still made them. It depends what size van you want, in a 16 it will be a combo.

Reactions: Expendable

Expendable

Feb 15, 2014
My wife thinks the good bit with the combo is if I or my son miss its easy to clean up lol

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Hey Expandable we have a combo and when we are at a CP we always use our own shower, saves trekking off to the showers and carrying all the stuff, I'm 6' and around 100Kg (thats what I tell the doc) and I fit in okay, dunny great when its persistently precipitating also

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
After our trip across the Nullarbor in 2012 (Jayco Penguin) we wanted to upgrade to a van with toilet & shower.
Opted for the 14.44-5 OB. Check the floor plan. We love it. Intend doing another outback trip in July and able to use Free camp sites. Just the two of us. I am 200cm tall and have no trouble with the shower. Leave our soft blue LED light on in the on-suite during the night.

image.jpg

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Hey Expandable we have a combo and when we are at a CP we always use our own shower, saves trekking off to the showers and carrying all the stuff, I'm 6' and around 100Kg (thats what I tell the doc) and I fit in okay, dunny great when its persistently precipitating also

Something else we agree upon @DRW
LOL. :)
We do exactly the same. Ours is clean. :)

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
We have had our Expanda since Jan and are currently at Pambula Big 4 on our last stop before heading home tomorrow. The toilet and shower are fantastic. I thought my wife would be the only one to use it but the shower has been great for a quick freshen up in the humid Queensland weather. I keep hearing my wife say " I love my Jayco shower and loo", so I'm very pleased we got them. We had to make a detour on our trip following a truck crash and were stuck in a traffic jam waiting to catch a small ferry across a river for three hours . No dramas at all the wife hops in the van for a quick loo break, washes hands with warm water and proceeds to make a tasty lunch, and then I hear " I love my Jayco". I think she is happy with our 16.49-3. So to answer your question get the shower and toilet you won't regret it.:):)
You're a legend.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW

Yep, I am the same. I use the van shower even when at Caravan Parks. I love it. The wife makes a choice each time between van and amenities based on whichever is the cleanest vs the best water pressure vs most room.