Shower Walls Buckeling

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
My walls have gone again.
Outer wall was repaired around September, now it's let go again and the internal wall has gone too.
I'm sure there is nothing that can be done in the long term and any repairs are just a bandaid solution.
When you look at it, they are trying to stick two dissimilar materials together. They expand at different rates and something has to give!
The only thing that would fix the problem is not to use materials that behave so differently or create a slip joint to allow the different movements.
Either way, we will be back to the dealer after the holidays and suggest that any remedial actions are " fit for purpose".

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Getting ready for a trip away, I noticed that my shower wall has unbonded from the wall. We have had some very hot days here and this might be the cause, but I will be talking to my dealer about this tomorrow along with the bubbles on the lids and a sunburnt radio antenna. Maybe jayco aren't built to handle this NSW weather.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Mine have also let go again and have sent an email to my dealer/repair agent but they are on holiday until (I hope) next week. I'll be chasing them Tuesday or Wednesday.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
How about we use some Sikaflex to bond them back together. There should be enough strength and flexibility there to hold the panel on the wall!

Red 2013

Jan 15, 2013
Yep, our 17.56-2 did the same thing and we hadn't used it yet. Took it back to the dealer and they replaced and resealed the entire shower area...

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
How about we use some Sikaflex to bond them back together. There should be enough strength and flexibility there to hold the panel on the wall!

When my shower walls were done the repairer did some test pieces first, one with sika and one with the toolbox glue that Jayco use. The result much the same but maybe toolbox glue a tad better.....maybe it needs an extreme temp test as well but Jayco need to do something different!

Brettmc

Oct 18, 2012
Perth
All these shower walls falling does not sound good , I have a 17.56-2 arriving next month and I shudder to think what I have got myself into.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
All these shower walls falling does not sound good , I have a 17.56-2 arriving next month and I shudder to think what I have got myself into.

It's all part of the fun! I have lots of warranty issues, but nothing major, all little things that can be fixed. Talk to [MENTION=2089]Burnsy[/MENTION] if you want a 'horror story'

Hiluxpanda

Mar 20, 2013
Our 17-56.2 that we picked up a week ago has the wall that has come away. Will be an item on the list for its first service in early June.