Show us your Rig

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Any pics from the park setup? Haven't been to Emu Point for about 20+ years but loved it down that way!

we stayed at Rose Gardens Caravan Park down there once

was nice, but we had a plague of midges the 2 days we were there (was April)
nice and green grass everywhere

Reactions: dagree

Billnjim

Dec 9, 2015
Secret Harbour
Any pics from the park setup? Haven't been to Emu Point for about 20+ years but loved it down that way!

I'll see if anyone else took photos whilst we were down there but I didn't; caravan park was the emu beach big4 - we had a huge site with an ensuite as we had four adults and three kids - very clean park with modern ablution block and bbqs dotted throughout. Will definitely be going back............

Colin Exley

Sep 2, 2015
Perth WA
I'm off to Kalgan River caravan park next week without the Expanda she's still waiting to go in for accident damage lucky I've still got the good old camper trailer for back up. Jayco are slow sending parts over to the west for repairs

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

DaveR

Mar 13, 2017
Gold Coast
Thought I'd join in.

37489411021_3cebed9ae2_b.jpg

Taken on the road to Eromanga, QLD

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
@bigcol storm covers YES or NO?

On the new vanit comes with the privacy screen which are ok had them on the old van.
Salesman said that the storm covers make the end hot and not worth it.

DaveR

Mar 13, 2017
Gold Coast
@bigcol

They also help keep the van warm, as a family of Queenslanders, I needed that slight gain in warmth the storm covers gave when in zero over night temps. So that is something to keep in mind when considering the storm covers.

Reactions: caax and JT76

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth

On the new van it comes with the privacy screen which are ok had them on the old van.

when ever we are setup for more than 2 nights - the storm covers are on

I'm in WA remember - so you would think that heat would be a problem - the privacy screens are ALWAYS on
but
having them on is much better for the thermal properties
- warmer in cooler temps, slightly more insulation for the bed end with the air buffer between storm cover and bed end
- cooler in hotter times, by keeping it all dark and "gloomy" and also having the air buffer

helps the aircon work more efficiently
helps the heater work more efficiently

would I buy them again - yes without a heartbeat
would I fit them - no way hosè
- I would get them fitted professionally - and make them so they are permanently fitted - even though the extra 5mins setup is sod all

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC

On the new vanit comes with the privacy screen which are ok had them on the old van.
Sounds like a nong comment by someone who's been told a "fact" by someone else who doesn't know. Maybe he should actually own a van, and use storm covers before he adds to any debate on them. Hot or cold they make a significant positive difference.