security options

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I put locking nuts back on, if they stake your place out they just need to bring tyres and nuts and there off.
Never under estimate the cunning of some thieves.

Does this work Dave? Anytime I ve had a car with locking nuts and I lost the key (happened more times than I should admit) if you can get a good enough grip with "locking multis" have been able to get them off! I'd imagine without a wheel and it's recess to hinder access they would be easily removed? Ofcourse the thieves still need to bring wheels which is a major deterrent in itself.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I suppose it comes back to if your targeted specifically or just because of ease? I read on another forum about a couple who had had there van stolen and ages later it was found trashed in a backyard when arresting some wacker for "armed rob" sounds like they stole it for a spare room ? In that case i would imagine the easier the mark the more chance of theft?

Basically these scumbags are lazy, there is enough vans laying around unprotected they should just move on from the well protected. If they are stealing to rebirth etc. then I think if you have "their" model you are very much in trouble if it's sitting out front waiting like a roadside advert?