Runva winch

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I'd go for the 79 - just for the exhaust note when you stamp on it (anytime you want to move)

I love new cars - :car: - just cannot afford one

get them to fit Recaro's seats and at the least a rear diff lock
then it will be on par with the Pathfinder.................:biggrin-26::biggrin-26::biggrin-26:

Reactions: mfexpanda

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
No .
I am going to look at the Colorado the ranger but I am leaning strongly towards the 79 series dual cab
Ive lost interest in the Isuzu 4x4 truck option I was considering. Whilst theres some advantages, there's equally as many disadvantages.

Im now leaning toward the dual LC79 as well when its time to roll over the Navara. The LC79 with a GVM upgrade will give me 1750kg payload which would be a decent compromise from the truck. Id prefer the single cab, but the Cruskett will still be at home then.

I like the look of the Patriot Campers LC79 series fit out but at just shy of $200k, I think I'll do the fit out myself. They also do a LC200 version for only $245k ... seems like a bargain o_O

IMG_20170803_135002.jpg

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
Be aware that certain versions of the LC79 (I think or maybe it was an older series) series has differing wheel tracks comparing front to back. Not sure which was wider but I've heard it's enough to give you the sh $#ts on rutted tracks.

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Be aware that certain versions of the LC79 (I think or maybe it was an older series) series has differing wheel tracks comparing front to back. Not sure which was wider but I've heard it's enough to give you the sh $#ts on rutted tracks.
I knew Landcruisers we're $hit. There's always a "but" with Toyota. Although for only $250k, I could go for the Patriot LC200, surely it's wheels line up. Even wheelchairs and shopping trolleys have wheels that line up 8-)

Reactions: bigcol

Maximage

Jan 6, 2017
Perth
Yeah, front wheels are wider to be able to fit the newer engine in between the chassis rails.

Per www.mr4x4.com.au/2017-landcruiser-70-series-7-things-love-1-hate/ :
"All of this development is great, but one big thing that Toyota didn’t fix is that abhorrently different wheel track difference. When they fitted the V8, the front axle was widened to squeeze the two banks of cylinders in. But, they didn’t tweak the back to suit, meaning there is a whopping 100mm (or four inches, in the old money).

Toyota know about it, and their research indicated that some were complaining about it. But, other things came first. Sometimes, it’s really noticable, no doubt. It won’t get you bogged all the time, or cause the car to flip on it’s lid at a moment’s notice, but the dynamics do feel strange sometimes, and your often pushing through extra mud or sand when you’re offroading. If it was corrected, the car would undoubtedly be more stable. Anyway, lucky you’ve got that V8, but I still find it quite annoying."

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
drop a GU Patrol rear diff in the back @Crusty181
you'll get a Limited Slip Diff that actually works and only be 40mm short of same front wheels
which you can sort with different off sets on the front and read wheels

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Yeah, front wheels are wider to be able to fit the newer engine in between the chassis rails.

Per www.mr4x4.com.au/2017-landcruiser-70-series-7-things-love-1-hate/ :
"All of this development is great, but one big thing that Toyota didn’t fix is that abhorrently different wheel track difference. When they fitted the V8, the front axle was widened to squeeze the two banks of cylinders in. But, they didn’t tweak the back to suit, meaning there is a whopping 100mm (or four inches, in the old money).

Toyota know about it, and their research indicated that some were complaining about it. But, other things came first. Sometimes, it’s really noticable, no doubt. It won’t get you bogged all the time, or cause the car to flip on it’s lid at a moment’s notice, but the dynamics do feel strange sometimes, and your often pushing through extra mud or sand when you’re offroading. If it was corrected, the car would undoubtedly be more stable. Anyway, lucky you’ve got that V8, but I still find it quite annoying."
Thanks for the data. My days of blasting around 4x4ing are well behind me, and Im towing a 3t van so my exposure to sand and mud will be limited enough to not knock the weirdly crippled 79 out of contention .... plus its the payload that's attracting me

drop a GU Patrol rear diff in the back @Crusty181
you'll get a Limited Slip Diff that actually works and only be 40mm short of same front wheels
which you can sort with different off sets on the front and read wheels
Got a bit a thing about spending $80k on a new car ... then rebuilding it

Reactions: bigcol and Bluey

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Got a bit a thing about spending $80k on a new car ... then rebuilding it

Tell me about it, but I do love my 200 series, I just wish they were on a 1/2 price sale when I bought it.

Interesting fact for you all to think about
Last month we went on holidays my family in a 200 series towing the 18-57 and a mate in a D-Max towing a 18-57
we travelled about 6000 kms and at every fill up we were within 10ltrs difference in fuel usage
I will take that 10ltrs every day of the week as I was able to pass every road train with ease uphill or down with no stress about "am I going to make it" whereas he was stressing pretty much every time we came up behind one.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
That feeling when you pull up at a nice secluded spot in your $240k Landcruiser and Moritz, Otto & Wilhelm from Hamburg pull up next to you in this:
View attachment 56570

Anyway... how's that Runva winch....:behindsofa:
Well im waiting to find out if a runva winch will fit in a cradel for the alloy bar on the prado have to pick up the cradel from my mate he has near new spare wheel .... side steps ..... recovery points .... cargo barrier..... and the cradel which is brand new 300 for cradel 750 for everything mmmmm thats a lot of cash decideing if i want everything

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Well i picked up my cradel for the prado alloy bar looks good brand new they havent been available from toyota for meny years now so im very lucky id reckon im the only person who has a new one but just guessing ???? I also picked up his cargo barrier but when i got home i read on it not to fitted with rear air bags which i have many in the vx prado bugger he will take it back but will ring toyota tomoz to be sure
Now for a runva winch if they fit in it but not rushing i just brought a boat
20170820_164144.jpg
20170820_164249.jpg
20170820_164158.jpg

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
@Bluey my sister just fitted a winch to her alloy bar and had no issues, most winches have the same bolt up pattern so I can't see any dramas, I have a Runva jammed behind my ARB bar and the install was not a problem.
Is your sisters car a prado which winch did she go for ??????