Mighty Victoria
Will this be your new username @Holden_man
188149_145940498801622_1979129_n.jpg

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
A mate of mine bought a Royal Flair around 6 years ago. He ordered it with certain options and they managed to stuff up most of them. He wanted the dining seat about 100mm narrower to provide a bit more floor room and they did not do it, he ordered a second water tank at the rear and they fitted it in front of the axle, only put one filler in for both tanks and mixed up the tank gauges so they read from the wrong tank. He had the wrong colour table fitted and it took two new tops before the right one turned up. The compliance plate was replaced 4 times before it matched the van. These are what I can remember of his problems but I know he had 2 typed A4 pages of complaints. He also had to take the van up to the Sunshine Coast for all his warranty work as no one on the Gold Coast would work on them.

I would imagine they have improved their game by now and the one in your picture looks a lot stronger than his.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
They have been around for years and from what Ive seen of them they seem to be a quality van. There is a member here whose brother has one, though that member as gone quiet lately.

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
A mate of mine just traded his old Royal Flair (about 12 year old?) in for a new J&B.
The Royal Flair was a solid caravan he bought it second had and had if for several years with very few problems (brake issues once that I recall), it did not have shower and toilet and that was the main reason for upgrading, otherwise I think he would still have it.
He got very little for it as a trade in and I not sure why he went for a J&B.
Good luck with your caravan hunting.
Terry

Reactions: Holden_man

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
You may need another tow vehicle if you go that way Jason

Yes the Aussie mate is a heavy van.

There was a write up in C&M mag a while back where they were using an early model Pajero as the tow vehicle, going on the printed spec in the article, the van weights exceeded that model Pajero's max legal tow capacity, when I brought this to there attention via email they didn't do the courtesy of a reply, so I posted it on their forum as well, again no reply.

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
Yes the Aussie mate is a heavy van.

There was a write up in C&M mag a while back where they were using an early model Pajero as the tow vehicle, going on the printed spec in the article, the van weights exceeded that model Pajero's max legal tow capacity, when I brought this to there attention via email they didn't do the courtesy of a reply, so I posted it on their forum as well, again no reply.

From what I understand C&M don't necessarily write their own articles and as such probably don't check that the article is accurate and representative of legal towing combinations etc.

Make of it what you will.