Round the corner, NSW and VI

fazza81

May 5, 2021
Rockhampton
Hi all,

Planning on a 4 week trip over xmas with the panda in tow. Leaving Rockhampton CQ and heading down the coast for a starting point below Sydney then hopefully following the coast to Melbourne and beyond time permitting. COVID willing this is.

What can't we miss, what the highlights, best places to stay and eat?

Thanks

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I would subscribe to the great camping place app WiKiCamps, it does a great job of reviewing camps, of course you have to sort out the whingers but its a great App................... Lots of places to see but vacancies at camping spots all along the coast is difficult over that period so be prepared for congestion and very high cost's........... any number of great spots like Kiama, Shoalhaven Heads, Kangaroo Valley, Huskisson, Sussex Inlet, Pebbly beach, Durras and more, beaches plenty of and lakes at various spots good for swimming and fishing but be prepared for crowds........ Eden is great along with places around Batemans Bay and hundreds of Victorians and Canberrans agree..........

Reactions: mfexpanda

fazza81

May 5, 2021
Rockhampton
I would subscribe to the great camping place app WiKiCamps, it does a great job of reviewing camps, of course you have to sort out the whingers but its a great App................... Lots of places to see but vacancies at camping spots all along the coast is difficult over that period so be prepared for congestion and very high cost's........... any number of great spots like Kiama, Shoalhaven Heads, Kangaroo Valley, Huskisson, Sussex Inlet, Pebbly beach, Durras and more, beaches plenty of and lakes at various spots good for swimming and fishing but be prepared for crowds........ Eden is great along with places around Batemans Bay and hundreds of Victorians and Canberrans agree..........
Thanks mate, yeah crowds an unfortunate side affect of school aged children..... :)

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So how is your Crystal Ball Planning gong @fazza81 ??? Bit like mine I suppose, the route is sorted out, the stops are lined up just the dates are a bit hazy. I have a floating booking in Canberra just change the dates every so often but current viewing of the Covid Regs for the 3 states December is looking good, though Big Mal will roll in full equip mode in case we get stuck. I don't trust our Queen.

fazza81

May 5, 2021
Rockhampton
So how is your Crystal Ball Planning gong @fazza81 ??? Bit like mine I suppose, the route is sorted out, the stops are lined up just the dates are a bit hazy. I have a floating booking in Canberra just change the dates every so often but current viewing of the Covid Regs for the 3 states December is looking good, though Big Mal will roll in full equip mode in case we get stuck. I don't trust our Queen.

Yeah mate, got some accom booked in Melbourne for Christmas day and got tickets to the boxing day test. Both are fully refundable. Decided to ditch the coast and head straight down to Melbourne then GOR and back up inland. Our biggest issue is we are looking at heading off on the 19th with the announcement being made on the 17th IF we can come home to QLD its all very up in the air.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Pays to keep an eye on SA if they are letting NSW and VICs in around that time then there is the escape route home if she slams the gate, not sure if after Canberra I will get to do a Murray run, may have to race home for a building supply delivery ..............

Should be heaps of traffic I reckon as folk bolt, I was hoping to cut south on the 12th as I wasn't planning on coming home till late Jan early Feb and she could change her mind a hundred times by then but grandkid duties mean won' be crossing until the 19th and this material delivery changes everything but it will be a fast run to get to Canberra, no sitting by the odd waterway for a day or so.

Will have all my gear with me, Yaks, Rods, Genny, Master key.................

Reactions: mfexpanda