Roadside Assistance

Jan 5, 2012
Sunbury
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been let down by their roadside assistance package when towing their caravan?

I am looking at options for our caravan and have been astounded by some of the fine print like weight restrictions and size restrictions.

Cheers

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been let down by their roadside assistance package when towing their caravan?

I am looking at options for our caravan and have been astounded by some of the fine print like weight restrictions and size restrictions.

Cheers
Haven't had to use it, touch wood!

But I also have the NRMA super duper premium tow my van back for me cover just in case!

Reactions: 4wdadventureoz

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
I once bought a seal to stop a leak in my old Statesman auto, then the leak stopped as the seal was in the console waiting fitment. Moral of the story, if you buy it (roadside assistance), then the best could happen is that you wont use it and the holiday will be a better one. Having said that, we transfer the roadside assistance from Mrs Pace car to Pathy when we tow, just in case.

Jan 5, 2012
Sunbury
I once bought a seal to stop a leak in my old Statesman auto, then the leak stopped as the seal was in the console waiting fitment. Moral of the story, if you buy it (roadside assistance), then the best could happen is that you wont use it and the holiday will be a better one. Having said that, we transfer the roadside assistance from Mrs Pace car to Pathy when we tow, just in case.

That is the benefit of RACV Total Care, as the driver is covered, not the vehicle, so the coverage transfers from one vehicle to the other.

Still_dreamin

Jan 27, 2014
Brisbane Northside
We broke down while towing our van. We also have top racq cover and there was no issue at all. The biggest problem was finding a dual cab tow truck to fit the kids seats in the back also.

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
Spoke with NRMA last night whilst registering my daughter for cover, NRMA rep told me in a general conversation that my coverage of premium plus was overkill for me as the normal premium covers vans under 2T. Plus is for over 2t apparantly!

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Spoke with NRMA last night whilst registering my daughter for cover, NRMA rep told me in a general conversation that my coverage of premium plus was overkill for me as the normal premium covers vans under 2T. Plus is for over 2t apparantly!
Yes. I had premium plus because my van was over 2T

Reactions: hamish22

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
yet in their terms and conditions link on the website for Premium Plus, they make no reference to Premium Plus and still say its not available for :
s greater than: 2 tonnes Laden Mass; 12.5 metresin length ; 2.5 metres in width, or 2.6 metresin height;

is an Unregistered Trailer or Unroadworthy Trailer;

in our reasonable opinion, is overloaded or notsafely loaded or secure.

?????