Return of a true Vehicle...

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Now we all know one of the few reviewers that can be counted on to call a spade a spade is Roothy............. watch with envy...

Reactions: chartrock

rags

Now we all know one of the few reviewers that can be counted on to call a spade a spade is Roothy............. watch with envy...
A man who recently put his hard earned $ down on a new Mahindra ute as the vehicle that best suited his own needs and concepts of what he needs out of a motor vehicle
I do love Roothy’s honesty

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ive been looking at a Great Wall as a beach runner, neighbour has one reckons its great......... but then not as my main drive....

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Ineos invited me to test drive the Grenadier. They clearly needed the opinion of an obnoxious and clueless blow hard wearing a Troopy fan boy tee shirt. I couldn't make it but apparently Im likely to be offered it again at some point.

Reactions: davemc

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ineos invited me to test drive the Grenadier. They clearly needed the opinion of an obnoxious and clueless blow hard wearing a Troopy fan boy tee shirt. I couldn't make it but apparently Im likely to be offered it again at some point.
Couldn't make it, couldn't make it ?????????? Did Dan lock you up again ? or the thought you would want one give you the terrors ???

I wouldn't be allowed as I'm not allowed to sell the house............................. https://grenadierprototypetour.com/australia.html

geedub

Aug 23, 2017
Sydney
I went for a ride in the Grenadier a couple of weeks ago. This video from Stefan sums up my concerns. Now they want a $5000 non-refundable deposit to join the que without seeing the production version or knowing it's full specification.

I liked a lot of things but the lack of wheel travel and the poor seating in the second row are two things that would put me off.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
A good review for a change, I agree with most of his points as well, nowadays I couldn't see me banging around in a proper FWD, just too many aches and pains get activated.................

Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
V6 turbo diesel wins me along with a 10 speeder but no proper petrol engine other than one for a lawn mower which is sad, of course the reviews spend 75% of the time raving about interior screens and decore, nothing aboout the good stuff................................I know Jeep have lost me with their new Grand Cherokee its truly just a car park pony now. ............ Now the F150 coming next year might be interesting against the 1500 RAMs and Silverado's..... price war would be nice...

So you have to champ at the bit for a few months now Dave, gotta be painfull....

Reactions: mfexpanda

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Geez not much left for us Jeep boys. My 2010 WH Jeep GC ,610 nm been a great tow vehicle ,220000 ks only big
expense new recon injectors afew months ago. Got my eye on a 55000 k 2013 GC as new ,all the extras ,not worried about the age ,must be late 13 as has the 8 speed ZF.No turbo coolant hose to worry about! Still best bang for buck around

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I’m looking for my last ever caravan tow car hence a new one, waited for ages until Jeep finally released the WL which is so underwhelming I was devastated, waited to find a GU with a V8 diesel at the right price but after driving my mates I went off them as well, F150 is a dream I’ll take to my grave nothing else measures up unfortunately. The Jeep has to get me back to Mt Isa in August and lots of other places as well before the Everest will be available may have to take me to south Australia as well by then she’ll be well and truly run in.

Reactions: BJM and Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Rumour has it the LC300 is likely to get the iForce Max hybrid engine ... check the specs on that, ill be lining up to put the Princess in one. She can race it at Bathurst, 1000km on one tank of juice