Regulator/Hose from a Camp Stove to a LCC27 Gas bottle

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Heres my unit , with an adaptor for a male hose connection possibly for a Primus set up..

IMG_20230404_095317.jpg

Reactions: Boots in Action

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Thanks once again everyone for your contribution. It appears that "Boots In Action" has the solution figured out, so special thanks. Will enthusiastically venture to the Toy Shop (aka Bunnings).
Wow!! How a simple change has involved a lot of discussion. A couple of years ago, I remember a post by @Drover talking about the modified type connectors on 8.5kg gas bottles which were coming in. He also made it clear that the change over was going to take years as there are so many people with POL type connections for their gas supplies. However, he did say that as old bottles come up for renewal, they were being converted to the new LCC27 type valves. But fear not!! Someone in the know in the gas corporation did not forget about those who had the POL type gas valves and arranged for BOTH types to be able to be used during the many years of transition. The new valves have an exterior locking thread for the LCC27 gas connection, PLUS they still have the INTERNAL female connection for a POL connector.
So I decided that pictures are worth more than a thousand words (posts)!! I just happen to have two gas bottles with the different connectors for clarification.

Picture 1 shows the connecting valve on the original gas bottles for POL connector..
Picture 2 shows the modified connection to take the LCC27 type connector. Note the extra turned brass thread on EXTERIOR of valve connector. Note that both types 1 and 2 have an INTERNAL LH thread for POL connection
Picture 3 shows the modified connector to accept the LCC27 type connector with a brass adaptor fitted into the POL thread on gas bottle. The other end of the adaptor has a 3/8 LH male fitting for attaching a gas line with a 3/8 LH female connector. This will suit most accessories like fridges, gas cookers and gas lights (if you are silly enough to still have one when LED is far superior??!), all of which need a regulator in line. It can also be connected to those portable gas burners that require a pressurized supply without a regulator like the one that @Just the two of us has. Personally, I have used both types with the various gas appliances I have owned over the years.
However, I must have "stumbled into accuracy" as I never once had a problem with blockages as I always replaced the cap when bottle not in use, and stored the hose in a clear plastic bag.
However, I once did find in good condition, a portable 2 burner plus grill portable cooker which had been discarded. Not working on any gas point. Carefully removed all the fine jets and found them blocked with fine hair like fibres - likely from a hessian bag in which it had been carried/stored. Checked all lines, replaced jets and presto, all going perfectly. Made a good present to another camping friend! People throw out a lot of good stuff because they don't know how to fix it, or don't want to try, or don't care. They must have more money than I have!!!

Attachments

• Gas1.jpg
    Gas1.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Gas2.jpg
    Gas2.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Gas3.jpg
    Gas3.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 81

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well @Boots in Action I may as well delete the pics I took just awhile ago as I was heading back to shed with my gas fitting I looked at the bottles on Big Mal, one of each fitting and thought just as you did........ :becky: :becky: :becky: :becky: but got sidetracked before I rolled into the study......

I think some key board tapping would have been saved if I hadn't forgotten about the old stoves with no reg as well ......

Reactions: Boots in Action

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Thanks once again everyone for your contribution. It appears that "Boots In Action" has the solution figured out, so special thanks. Will enthusiastically venture to the Toy Shop (aka Bunnings).
Well, I am now confused. Can someone explain to me what the difference is between the adapter I posted, the adapter @Drover posted, and what @Boots in Action posted? As far as I can tell, we were all recommending the same solution.

• Wow
Reactions: Drover

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Well, I am now confused. Can someone explain to me what the difference is between the adapter I posted, the adapter @Drover posted, and what @Boots in Action posted? As far as I can tell, we were all recommending the same solution.
I think we are all on the same thought @mikerezny about the use of an adaptor. I was working on the premise that @Just the two of us was not aware that any of the adaptors suggested would fit into the later model valves that are modified to also accept the later LCC27 type valve. Cheers

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Well @Boots in Action I may as well delete the pics I took just awhile ago as I was heading back to shed with my gas fitting I looked at the bottles on Big Mal, one of each fitting and thought just as you did........ :becky: :becky: :becky: :becky: but got sidetracked before I rolled into the study......

I think some key board tapping would have been saved if I hadn't forgotten about the old stoves with no reg as well ......
Great minds thinking along the same lines @Drover, as was @mikerezny.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I don't like this all being of the same mind, its a disturbing trait to say the least .................

at least a picture says a thousand words and saves a lot of time, I think all queries should have pics included just so things are clear...... this thread did make me dig around in shed for long forgotten, unused camping items... even have a couple of bottles with the small valves, they are awaiting artistic inspiration.