17' Series Recommended Great fit caravan cover

Treesyg

Jun 28, 2021
Wellard
Greetings:) We need to purchase a van cover for our 2010 17.56-2HL Expanda. The people we bought our van from suggested to ask about the right fit as he had one that was not the best fitting. It would also be great to know what brand people would recommend considering value for money.

Thanks for any advice!

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Greetings:) We need to purchase a van cover for our 2010 17.56-2HL Expanda. The people we bought our van from suggested to ask about the right fit as he had one that was not the best fitting. It would also be great to know what brand people would recommend considering value for money.

Thanks for any advice!
@Treesyg , Aldi recently had quite good van covers for 16 to 18 feet (5.6 metres) for $99.00. A great price for a reasonable quality cover. I have one 14 to 16 feet model. Has lasted more than two years in all weathers and easy to fit too. There are better ones with a semi waterproof white coloured top which would reduce heat build up. Saw this one on Ebay for $159.00 incl delivery, but do not know anything about quality. There are plenty of others to choose from which MAY be (or should be!) a better quality but the price is up around $350.00. Others on this forum may be able to give personal recommendations though.

Reactions: Treesyg

RickO

Dec 25, 2018
Australia
Hi treesyg,

We've had a couple of the 'better' ones with the white roof and the Aldo one is by far the best - ours has lasted 2.5 years which is about double the more expensive brand name one.

Snap up an also one next time they're available.

RickO

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Hi treesyg,

We've had a couple of the 'better' ones with the white roof and the Aldo one is by far the best - ours has lasted 2.5 years which is about double the more expensive brand name one.

Snap up an also one next time they're available.

RickO
Thanks @RickO for the info on other "better?" covers. I have been very happy with my Aldi cover so far, but as I had not tried any of them, I was not in a position to make any comment.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Have heard from others the Aldi ones compare well against the more expensive jobs, I don't like the temperatures that occur inside the van with them on so haven't bothered ................... Make sure you have protectors fitted on the corners of solar panels or they will tear the cover in short order.

Reactions: Treesyg

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Had both Prestige and Adco.Live in nthn NSW so not extreme climate.3 year warranty on both! prestige fell a part after 11 months three times,got two replacements under warranty.Adco no t doing much better maybe 15 months.Aldi will last around 11 months if lucky but at around $90.00 better value! only real alternative is a one off custom made fitted cover at around at around $1000 plus.I might add the Adco cover with the white top section plus better vents made van much cooler inside when fitted

Treesyg

Jun 28, 2021
Wellard
Had both Prestige and Adco.Live in nthn NSW so not extreme climate.3 year warranty on both! prestige fell a part after 11 months three times,got two replacements under warranty.Adco no t doing much better maybe 15 months.Aldi will last around 11 months if lucky but at around $90.00 better value! only real alternative is a one off custom made fitted cover at around at around $1000 plus.I might add the Adco cover with the white top section plus better vents made van much cooler inside when fitted
Thanks for your input!