17' Series Recommendation - CPs Albany, Esperance??

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
Hi all, been a while. Off to WA from Vic over Xmas 2015, four weeks. Thinking 5 days each way travel, then 18 days in Esperance, Albany area....

I'm sure plenty have done it....any recommendations on the beach in SW WA to stay? Recommend a great caravan park or campsite (paid). Expanda 17.56.1, wife & three kids (15, 13, 11). Two locations perhaps, 9 days each, then home.

Izzy

Reactions: scottbec

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
when in Esperance, we always stay at

Esperance Bay Holiday Park
162 Dempster StreetEsperance WA 6450Australia
esperancebayholidaypark.com.au

its on the western end of town - almost center of the town
not too bad - quite close to the Grain Loading part of the port - but never noticed the Noise from the trucks or the train

the other park there - eastern end of town
Esperance Seafront Caravan Park & Holiday Units
Goldfields Road
Castletown WA 6450
Australia
esperanceseafront.com

we never stay at, as it always looks full and noisy and sand blown from the beach which is right across the road..........

Bremer Bay is a nice place to stay at as well - on the way to Albany from Esperance

we have stayed at this Park, there are others, but never been there
Bremer Bay Caravan Park
72 Bremer Bay Road
Bremer Bay WA 6338
Australia
bremerbaycaravanpark.com.au

when in Albany we have stayed at this place, its a fare walk into town, but very very peacefull and beautiful
Rose Gardens Beachside Holiday Park
45 Mermaid Avenue
Emu Pt WA 6330
Australia
acclaimparks.com.au

lots and lots to see and do at ALL three places...............

there are other parks in Esperance, Bremer Bay & Albany, but these are the ones I have stayed at and enjoyed
some of the Big 4 parks in Albany are rather pricey I found

Reactions: Izzya123

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Hi @Izzya123 . We have stayed at esperance seafront caravan park twice. (Last time was mid January).it is over the road from a beach, but then you'll drive to the other beaches as they are a lot nicer (I posted some pictures at the end of our maiden voyage report with pics of esperance beaches and of bremer bay. Esperance has coles or woolies, but bremer you have to take your food) it has a big grassed area at the front for kids to kick a footy or play cricket, and they have a sign for a tag along 4x4 tour that was really reasonable. (Didn't get to do it, as I only found out the day before we left.​

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
the last couple of time we went to Esperance @Smirke , it was windy (Feb / March) and as they were re-filling the beach with sand, the front 2 rows of Vans were getting sand blasted- sort of put me off there
but I am old, and like it closer to the town center - shopping - food - restaurants

hence why I go to the other end........

Reactions: dagree and Smirke

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Meant to say, we stayed at the top tourist park in bremer. People we spoke to said it was the nicer of the 2 in town. You could also do augusta , Margaret river or dunsborough. Anywhere down there is going to be very busy so you'll want to book fast.
Denmark is also beautiful. Haven't stayed there, but friends do a lot. Suppose to be good surf around there too.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
the last couple of time we went to Esperance @Smirke , it was windy (Feb / March) and as they were re-filling the beach with sand, the front 2 rows of Vans were getting sand blasted- sort of put me off there
but I am old, and like it closer to the town center - shopping - food - restaurants

hence why I go to the other end........
We went sept/oct 2013 where they started the sand. They were doing it out front of the caravan park when we were there this time, but it wasn't too bad. Wind was shocking though. Should be finished excavating soon. Was looking good. Was in the Sunday times today.

jeff

Mar 4, 2013
200km south of Perth
Esperance Beach Holiday Park for us when in Esperance
60kms north of Albany at http://www.poronguruprangetouristpark.com.au/ It really is as nice as the pics on the website. - there is no mobile coverage of any kind, Porongorup range blocks it all
Five days travel is comfortable, we have done it numerous times. See if you can talk the crew into a few night free camping on the way across the Nullabor

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
In Albany Middleton beach CP looked really nice when I had a look a couple if years back , but we stayed at Rose gardens beachside holiday park out on Emu Point and jagged a site down by the water which was very nice

We are with @Capt. Gadget with staying at Middleton Beach http://www.holidayalbany.com.au
The accomodation is right on the beach and only a five minute trip to the centre of town.

MichaelB

Oct 22, 2014
Perth
Bremer Bay is a great spot, and I am with @bigcol re Bremer Bay CP. Great spot.

I have only stayed at Pink Lake CP in Esperance - it was ok but I wouldn't rush back....

In hindsight I wish I had free-camped at Lucky Bay near Esperance. It is in Cape Le Grand national park and there are other camping spots beside the one at Lucky Bay.... But that one looked great. If you are set up for free camping I would consider it, really beautiful spot and I am sure you could get the panda in there easily.

Patto

Jul 14, 2013
Perth
we have stayed at both Middleton Beach and Emu Beach, which is now a Big 4 as well and we actually preferred Emu Beach. I think they may be owned by the same people becuase at Emu Beach the kids get a wrist band that gives you access to the pool and games room at Middleton Beach.

scottbec

Dec 4, 2011
Albany, WA
Yep - the same people own Middleton Beach and Emu Beach caravan parks and I would give them both the big thumbs up for somewhere to stay in Albany. Middleton is more centrally located and close to town, so I would give it a try first.

Cheyne Beach CP (East of Albany) is also worth checking out!!

Good idea to book them early, as they are all very popular.